Sunday, June 2, 2013

Relaxing Birthday Card!

Good morning, everyone!

I got to play with some new stamps this week (something I haven't done in quite awhile).  I had so much fun and can't wait for summer vacation to begin so that I can do it more often.

This card was made for a special brother-in-law who has a birthday, TODAY!!!  He's probably already received it in the mail, but I couldn't wait to post about it.

Every guy needs his recliner on his birthday.  Don't you think?  In order to make this card more masculine, I chose the stripes which helped offset the brads and button.  Both of those embellishments were more masculine, too......with the metal ring around the brads and wooden button, it all worked nicely together.

I carried the stripes over to the inside for the sentiment, which sort of tied the inside and outside together.  I really love how this turned out.



 I did need a sketch to get me going (I'm feeling a little out of practice), so the Deconstructed Sketch No. 102 gave me some inspiration.  I coupled that with the ColourQ Challenge #191 to come up with a great card for Steve.


I hope you enjoyed seeing my card today!  Stop back and see more great cards as I begin making them over the summer!


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Polka Dot Parade #3 stamp set & dies
Wonderful Words: Birthday stamp set (inside sentiment)
MFT - Dienamics Fishtail Flag Stax
Soft Stone patterned paper pack
Authentique patterned paper - Collection: Celebrate
Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy, and Hawaiian Shores cardstock
Brazzill Gray cardstock
Pure Poppy die ink
Memento ink - Tuxedo Black
VersaFine ink - Crimson Red
Filigree Clear embossing powder
My Mind's Eye - Stella Rose Hazel Lovely Decorative Brads
Taylored Expressions - Wooden Button
The Twinery - Caribbean




4 comments:

June K said...

Cute card, Stephanie. Makes makes me want to just sit and relax ALL day because we have a very hot weekend. I bet you can't wait for school to be out. Have fun.

Roxann said...

Hey, Stephanie. Your BIL will love this card! Hope you are doing well!
Hugz,
Roxann

Kara said...

great card!! love that recliner! thanks so much for sharing it with us at the ColourQ!!!

Pryn said...

FABULOUS card, Stephanie! I love the masculine touches you added. They are perfect! Did I happen to mention that I MISS YOU SISTAH? Well, I DO!!!!

Sending you love and hugs!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...