Monday, June 3, 2013

Get Well Pup!

Good morning, everyone!

I told you that I would be back with more cards!  
 
On Sunday, I spent most of the day making cards.  What a GREAT feeling!!! I haven't done that in months.  The sad part is, I think every stamp set I used had never been inked up.  Very sad!  Hopefully, I'll make up for it this summer!

These colors were just amazing to work with.  That cute pup is popping right off the front of the card.  I'm not sure if you can see it but I used the "faux fur" technique with my Copics to make him look all fuzzy.

The perfect little sentiment inside for someone recovering from surgery.  I'm sure this is the "pick-me-up" that she will need.

 I did need some inspiration to get me going, so I turned to a few challenges.  I missed posting this to the CASology - Week 46 inspiration challenge which was "Furry," but it did allow me to use a stamp set that I never inked up before! I also used Freshly Made Sketches #88 for the layout of the card; and finally, I combined that with the Color Throwdown #244 to come up with a great card for Sue.







Thanks for stopping by my blog today!  I have 3 more posts scheduled for the rest of the week, so be sure to stop back!


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Close to My Heart stamp set - A Bowwow
Echo Park patterned paper - Hello Summer
Raspberry Fizz and Hawaiian Shores cardstock
Brazzill Gray cardstock
Gina K. Pure Luxury cardstock - Pure White
Small Scallop Border die
Memento ink - Tuxedo Black
Copic markers - W1/3/5, RV13/14 and BG10





2 comments:

Linda Suarez said...

I love this card Stephanie! I especially like the faux fur technique - great coloring! I really like the colors you chose too! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Pryn said...

I love EVERYTHING about this card!!! Especially that cute little doggie and the chevron pattern :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...