Sunday, February 3, 2013

Short Month Outlawz Challenge and C&S Day 2

Good morning, everyone!

I'm here with a card and post for the Outlawz!
Since it's Sunday, there is always a challenge going on over there........In fact, there are challenges for every day of the week going on over there, so pick a day and play along with us!

Today's challenge is a "Short Month" challenge!
February is our shortest month so let's embrace it by making a "short" CAS card - one that measures 4.25" square that is. Any theme, just make your CAS card measure 4.25" square.

So, for the Clean & Simple Cardmaking 2 class, we were taught a technique using masks and their negatives to make our cards.  We were also taught how to make an image look a little more 3D by daubing or sponging ink in the image but leaving part of it light in color.  These are the techniques I used on this card.

I sure loved using a scrap piece of plastic acetate for the masks on this card.  I first stamped the frog in Memento ink and then placed the mask over top to daub.  For the lily pad, I placed the negative of the frog right on top and the mask for the pad below it so I could make it appear like the frog was right on top of that lily pad.  Pretty cool effect!
I made the background in Raspberry Fizz because this card is for a little girl's 3 year-old birthday.  I love pink and green together. 

I hope you play along with us this week as I can't wait to see what you create!

Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Boy Basics: Frog Hop stamp set
Tremendous Treats: Birthday stamp set (sentiment)
Raspberry Fizz & Stamper's Select White cardstock
VersaFine ink - Olympia Green
Tim Holtz distress ink - Shabby Shutters
Memento ink - Tuxedo Black
Signo Uniball pen - White
Smooch Illusion




Have a great Sunday and thanks for stopping by!

 

2 comments:

Katie Gehring said...

This is adorable Stephanie! Love the techniques you incorporated!

Pryn said...

Fabulous card, Stephanie! Love how the technique turned out!

Love and hugs to you my DT Sistah!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...