Sunday, February 10, 2013

Outlawz "Hearts" Challenge for a Gift

Good morning, everyone!

I'm here with a card and post for the Outlawz!
Since it's Sunday, there is always a challenge going on over there........In fact, there are challenges for every day of the week going on over there, so pick a day and play along with us!

Today's challenge is a "Hearts" challenge!
It is the week of Valentines, so lets see your hearts. Love is in the air and its time to share the love with those in our lives.

I absolutely love turquoise and red together and I just had to make this card turquoise to match a baby set that Mike and I are giving to a couple who just had their first child.  Their gift actually inspired the color of the card and then the design.  I love when everything just falls into place.

The cute little lion and sentiment are popped up on dimensional tape to give it some interest.  I also had to match the embossed polka dots with the dots on the lion which is oh-so-cute!
I decided to let the cut circle be a background for the popped up lion on the inside.  It added interest when you opened up the card.


As for that gift I mentioned earlier............
I've been on a baby kick in making blankets, cocoons, hats, mittens and booties.

 I can easily make a set of these for you, if you need a baby gift or shower gift.  Just email me by using the "Contact" button at the top of the page.
Didn't I tell you that the card and present matched?  You can't get any closer in color to this! 

I hope you play along with us this week as I can't wait to see what you create!

Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted)
Sweet Baby stamp set and dies
Celebrations stamp set (sentiment)
Verve dies - From the Heart
Nesties dies - Standard Circles: Small
Cuttlebug embossing folder - Swiss Dots
Stamper's Select White cardstock
Hero Arts Layering Weight cardstock - Pool
VersaFine ink - Toffee, Vintage Sepia and Onyx Black
Martha Stewart Glitter Marker - Lovebird




Have a great Sunday and thanks for stopping by!

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...