Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Double Strand Infinity Cowl

Good morning, everyone!

This year, I'm going to blog about more than just cards........as I have been branching out into many other crafty areas.

So, today, I bring you my very first double-strand infinity cowl.

I found a CAL (crochet along) on the One Dog Woof blog and I decided to play along.  When I got home last night I started it, and by 7 it was finished.  I just love this color combination.

This yarn used is a seafoam solid color and a blackstone tweed.  So pretty!

This picture and the one above are the cowl doubled up to put around your neck.  This will definitely keep that cold air out!

Just a shot of how it lays.  There is a natural twist in the cowl so that it could be crocheted in the round and no need to sew it together.  No seam to see on this cowl.

I wanted a close up picture for you to see all of the little flecks of color in the tweed yarn.  It was the turquoise and teal flecks that got me to pair it with the seafoam yarn.



You'll be able to find this cowl in my Etsy store, Greetings from Stephanie - Cards and Specialties, later this week!



Have a great Tuesday!


9 comments:

June K said...

OMG, what a lovely cowl. It is SO pretty. I can't believe how quickly you were able to complete it. Thanks so much for the link to Chiwei's blog. I have been so wanting to learn to crochet and her tutorials this week is exactly what I needed

Kara @ Petals to Picots said...

It came out great!! I just finished up mine too. Still need to take some pics and post them though :)

kim leavens said...

Love it!! Beautiful colors.:)

~ Darlene said...

I love the colors you chose and your scarf! Great job!

Found you on One Dog Woof and I am following you now!

~ Darlene
www.MyHoneyBunch.CO

Rhondda Mol said...

I love the yarn you chose for the cowl. It is very pretty :)

Samantha said...

Hey ya, love your cowl and the 2 tone effect too, and wow you made it so quickly too! Well done! Hugs Samantha

Sarah Anderson said...

I love the way the two colors work together! Very nice!

Christine Williams said...

I like the two colors you used. Came out great!

LTB said...

Nice Job

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...