Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Bringing in 2013!!!

Happy New Year!!!

I had to bring in 2013 with an appropriate card!

There is a tiny swirls stamp in the Chic Martini set that I used to make the background.  I did stamp the glass and sentiment first and then placed those all around it using Brilliance ink.  The shimmer perfectly matches the glittery patterned paper.

For this inside sentiment, I had to get a little creative.  I wanted to add the "In 2013" to the main sentiment but I didn't have the word "in."  So, I found the word "Independence" in my Happy Day stamp set and it was the right size, so I just inked up what I needed.  It worked perfectly.

I'm starting off my year by entering my card in the Sweet Stop #191 Sketch Challenge. I've sort of gotten away from challenges toward the end of 2012 and I needed a jump start.  This one was the one that did that for me!


Materials (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Skipping Stones Designs stamp set - Chic Martini
Happy Day stamp set
Movers & Shakers: Sentiments stamp set
DCWV patterned paper - The Glitter Stack
Smokey Shadow and True Black cardstock
Brilliance ink - Platinum Planet
Memento ink - Tuxedo Black
Hero Arts Shadow ink - Forever Green
Copic marker - YG95
DMC red floss
Vintage buttons - Holiday Mix
Martha Stewart glitter marker - Lovebird

2 comments:

Jingle said...

Super cute card!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Happy New Year. What an awesome card Stephanie. Love the martini glass and those olives. The sparkly and shine look perfect. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...