Monday, January 28, 2013

A Fond Farewell to Skipping Stones Design

Good morning, everyone!

Today I have a special post for a special lady.  As many of you know, Skipping Stones Designs is taking a bit of a reprieve from making and creating some of the cutest, most witty stamps on the market.  Heather (the owner) has too much to juggle right now and has to put SSD on the back burner.

But, because of Heather, I have had the opportunity to be on her DT for several terms and have to say that her generosity to the team went far beyond my expectations.  We always had such awesome stamps to work with.

Heather, I wish you the best of luck and hope that you have more time for those things that are so important.  I also hope to see you create again in the future because your stamps ROCK!



To celebrate the success of SSD, we have put together a surprise blog hop in Heather's honor.  So, if you have come from Karen's blog, you are in the right place.  



Here's my card using two of my favorite SSD stamp sets.........Grunge and Grunge 2!
Masculine cards are so difficult for me to create, but not with these sets.  All of the awesome manly backgrounds give way to such great textures for your cards.  These are my "go to" stamps for my guy cards!

You are now off to see what the amazing Amy Tsuruta has created using even more SSD stamps!  


BTW..........There is still time to purchase many of the SSD stamp sets at a nice discount.  See this post for the PMS sale that is going on with the stamp sets that still remain.  It's a great way to get several sets before they won't be available.


Materials Used:
Skipping Stones Designs - Grunge and Grunge 2 stamp sets
Nestablilities - Standard Circles Small
PTI cardstock - Enchanted Evening, Classic Kraft, Spring Rain and Stamper's Select White
PTI dye ink - Enchanted Evening, Dark Chocolate and Classic Kraft



Thanks for visiting my blog today!

31 comments:

Christy Q @ SchnauzerCrafts Creations said...

What a fantastic grunge look card - love the colors, they do pop!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Wonderful card Stephanie, I love these sets too and just got them in the sale! I am very sad that SSD is taking a break and am hoping they will be back.

~amy~ said...

awesome card...love the Grunge set!

Jingle said...

This is AWESOME! Love the circles!

Katie Gehring said...

Stephanie, what a cool masculine card! Love the use of the Grunge set!

wendyp said...

Fabulous card!!!

Glenda J said...

This is a fantastic card! Great combination of patterns. Thanks so much for all you did! Been great working with you. xoxoxo

Rochelle Sodipo Washington said...

What a nice masculine card! You made Grunge and Grunge 2 shine with this card! It's been a pleasure being on the DT with you!!!

Sue D said...

Great card--I like the circles and the patterns.

Mary-Anne V said...

Great card using a masculine set...love the circle and splatter look.

Miriam Prantner said...

Great card, love the design with the circles and all those fun patterns!

Ginny said...

I love blog hops. Great ideas. My husband's bday is coming up. This gves me some ideas. Thanks.

Jay Gee said...

Fabulous masculine card Stephanie, love the design :) Thanks so much for your work and help with SSD, you were awesome :)

Jean Bullock said...

I agree that it's harder to make masculine cards but you did it well. Thanks for sharing!

Barb King said...

Funky and fun, great for a guy!

Sam said...

Very cool card, love the grunge look.

Indy said...

Love this stamp set! Great card using it!!!

craftymom205 said...

Great card.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Karen B. said...

Awesome card Stephanie! Thanks for being a fabulous design team leader!

Barb Turpin said...

Great card...such fun sets to work with, going to miss this blog!

Beatrice Lawson said...

I need these stamps right now! You did a wonderful job showcasing them.

Lyndal said...

FAB stamping, FAB design Stephanie :)

Deirdre said...

Beautiful - love what you created.

marylouh said...

It's sad that the company will not be producing more stamps. But they have given a lot of cute stamps in the past so they won't be forgotten. I love this set. You made good use of it. txmlhl@yahoo.com

TesaB said...

WOW! This is one amazing card. FAB stamping, looove how you used the stamps to create everything!!!!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

What a cool card! I love the splatters in the back!

skippy stamps said...

I LOVE your card stephanie!!! Thanks so much for so many amazing terms full of creativity and inspiration!!!I will miss you and your amazing creations.

Riti said...

Love it totally...

TFS
Hugs,
Riti

Kailash said...

Fantastic card, love it!!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

wonderful card!

Heather said...

This is a fabulous man card!! I've always had my eye on this set and you've just proved that it is a must have!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...