Thursday, December 27, 2012

Brrrrrrrrrthday w/ Skipping Stones

Good morning, everyone!

Yesterday we had the biggest snowstorm!  It was awesome because they were advising everyone to stay inside and not to travel.  That allowed me to get out some Skipping Stones Designs stamp sets and get my wintery mojo flowin'!


Have you seen the cute SSD set called "Brrrrrthday?"  It's absolutely perfect for those January birthdays you have coming up.

Using the snowflake stamps in this set, I created a background on the card base.  Those snowflakes are so detailed.  I absolutely love how they turned out!

I absolutely love layering patterned paper with a cardstock panel behind it.  It makes the image and the patterned paper shapes stand out just a little bit more.  For the panel with the penguin, I ran the PTI-Mat Stack #1 die through my Vagabond to get the light gray panel that I stamped and colored on; but then, I traced and hand cut it on the gray so I could have a layered look.  Easy to do when you don't have graduated sized die cuts.

I'm entering this card in the Freshly Made Sketch #66 Challenge.  I haven't entered a challenge in MONTHS!  This really helped me get the mojo flowin' and I'm so glad it came back so quickly!
 


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
 Skipping Stones Designs stamps - Brrrthday
Mat Stack #1 die
We R Memory Keepers patterned paper - Winter Frost
Simply Chartreuse, Smokey Shadow and Soft Stone cardstock
Soft Stone and True Black dye ink
Memento ink - Tuxedo Black
Copic markers - BG000, C1/3/5, YR12/16


Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...