Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Peace on Earth Christmas Cards

Good morning, everyone!

I'm back with another card that I made by being inspired by the Christmas Card Workshop!

I have to be honest and say that this is a total CASE except for the sentiment used on the card in the class.  They were so amazingly gorgeous, I just had to.
I just love the little bit of glitter along the right side of the houses and trees in the die cut.  It shows you which way the wind is blowing.....lol

Using non-traditional colors once again for the holiday.  I'm sort of liking these color combinations instead of just red and green!
  
For this technique you used more masks, but on the base of the card.  Once masked off, you take two colors that you like and color half way on each side until they meet.  You remove the mask and you have a strip of color down the left side.  The only thing I did differently from the original was to change out the background colors for 6 of them.  The original card was the purple and pink one.  I thought an orange-ish, blue sunset would be pretty also.



Thanks for stopping by today and come back soon because I have more Christmas cards scheduled!



Here are the materials I used:
PTI - Signature Christmas
Memory Box die - Country Landscape
Eclipse tape (for masking)
 Tim Holtz distress inks - Spiced Marmalade and Broken China (1st pic.)
Tim Holtz distress inks - Concord and Worn Lipstick(2nd pic.)
PTI cardstock - Stamper's Select White
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Elements Elements - Crystal rhinestones



9 comments:

Maureen Merritt said...

These cards are absolutely stunning! You always makes me want to join in on these online classes!

Jingle said...

These are beautiful!!!

Carole said...

Wow, lovely cards!

Sue McRae said...

Love your inky panels!

Kelley said...

I like doing that stripe of color. It adds the perfect pop. Love your 'blowing snow.'

Debby said...

Stephanie I'm so glad you have been enjoying the class! Your inking on these panels is stunning :)

Jan☺ said...

super wow!

Jan☺ said...

super wow!

ThePurplePlace said...

Fantastic set! I love this design and think you did a fabulous job on your cards!

I missed so much of the LIVE workshop, but I'm still enjoying it and wish I had felt better and had more time during that part!!

I'm a HUGE fan and have loved every one!! I'm also excited when I see one of your wonderful cards or something you created with your Cameo!! You ROCK that machine!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...