Friday, November 2, 2012

Holiday Card Workshop Day 2

Good morning, everyone!

I'm back with more Christmas cards!!!

Only these are done in some non-traditional colors.  As I mentioned yesterday, I used one of the color palette's that Nichole featured on her blog for the October Blog Hop.  This non-traditional color combination features Melon Berry, Harvest Gold, Berry Sorbet and Spring Moss.  I would have NEVER picked these colors to go together, but they just look awesome with all of the snowflakes!

Here are the 10 cards I created using Day 2's tutorial:

I think these 2 cards are my favorite.  I used MFT's Snowflake Die-namics to make the delicate flakes and added some bling to the centers.

Again, these snowflakes are a berry red and not an orangy color as it appears in the photos.  I was surprised how close it matched the ink.

I just loved that BIG blingy center in the white snowflake that matches the Spring Moss ink.

Some pretty brads dress up the red snowflake on this one.

Some of the cards I embossed to give another dimension.


Day 2's lessons focused on mass producing cards using a large background stamp.  Basically, you cover a piece of 4.25"x5.5" white cardstock with a background stamp.  You can mix the colors all on the same stamp and have a collage effect or you can do as I did and just use one single color for each of the colors you choose.  After you have the panels covered you slice them up into all different shapes and sizes.  I did 2 panels of each color (except Melon Berry because I was using that as my base).

Then you gather sentiments that you like and make a ton of double banners and cut any embellishements that you would like to add to your cards.  I had a huge stack of Stampin' Up's Big Felt Flurries that I wanted to use and although the picture doesn't show the true color of those felt snowflakes, they match the Melon Berry ink perfectly.

You should have seen all my piles of goodies, just waiting to be assembled.  I surprised myself because I usually need sketches to get ideas, but with this method I just grabbed 1 of each color of background that I cut up and pieced them together along with the other components before I actually stuck everything down.  It was really quite amazing how fast you get into the groove and can whip those cards together!

I'm thinking of using up some old patterned paper packs for this exact method.  I might even do a tutorial on it with lots of step-by-step instructions.  ;-)

Thanks for stopping by today and come back soon because I have more Christmas cards scheduled!



Here are the materials I used:
PTI - Tree Trimming Trio stamp set
PTI - Photo Finishers: Holiday stamp set
Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card - Snowflakes CC035
MFT  Die-namics - Let It Snowflake
PTI dye inks - Berry Sorbet, Spring Moss and Harvest Gold
PTI cardstock - Melon Berry, Spring Moss, Harvest Gold and Stamper's Select White
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Stampin' Up - Big Felt Flurries
EK Success - Square punch



1 comment:

Julie said...

These are great! Love that color combo and those felt snowflakes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...