Tuesday, October 2, 2012

SSD Sketch Challenge #148

Good Morning, everyone!!!

Welcome to SSD's Challenge 148!

It's a new month which means more sketches and more fun!  This month we are back to the RETRO sketches.  I absolutely love these!

  Also with a new month, we have some inspiration from 2 wonderful guest designers!   JJ Bolton and Miriam Prantner will  be joining us for the month of October and I can't wait to see what they create using these past sketches.



I'm thinking Breast Cancer Awareness!
Cancer Schmancer was one of my very first sets to own from SSD.  This simple ribbon caught my eye immediately.  Well, that and the awesome sentiments of hope!


 


Here's your sketch for this week! 


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Skipping Stones Design - Cancer Schmancer
My Mind's Eye patterned paper - Tangerine
Ripe Avocado and Simply Chartreuse cardstock
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Melon Berry dye ink
Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients ribbon
My Mind's Eye decorative brads - Stella & Rose Mabel "Love"



This card was also made to fit the very first challenge for the "Hope You Can Cling To" challenges for 2012. 

The first challenge, HYCCT1A had you create a card that reflects a part of YOUR style!  I definitely have a CAS style with a bit of an edge because I don't like "white" space.........I like a lot of plain, "colored" space!  I love simple, clean lines and lots of color.  That's why this card fits my style.

I'll be back with a write up about the HYCCT challenges tomorrow when the focus is perfect for expressing my thanks to the girls over at the Split Coast forums and all that they do for these challenges.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Jingle said...

I love your card!

TesaB said...

Beautiful! Gorgeous colors, love the pink and green combo and that is such a great sentiment!

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Lovely card! Such a pretty combo of pink and green and a great design :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving these papers, looks wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...