Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Full Month of "Hope You Can Cling To" cards!!!




I'm so excited to participate in this year's Hope You Can Cling To card challenges.  This is the 3rd year that  the ladies over at SplitCoast Stampers host a wonderful, month-long card drive that benefits those affected by breast cancer. Card makers and crafters worldwide make and donate their cards to the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center and their families.

Several years ago, I lost a very good friend to cancer in October.  It wasn't breast cancer, but this awful disease took her away long before her time.  As I was trying to get through this very difficult time, SCS was sponsoring the very first HYCCT challenges.  I dove right in and donated a huge amount of cards.  Everytime I mailed that big brown envelope.....I thought of Lori and how she would be smiling over the shoulders of all the patients receiving the cards.  Since then, it has become easier to make the cards, but this is the month that I donate in my friend's name to help heal.  This is the month I create for her and for all patients dealing with this horrible disease.  This is the month that I celebrate her life and all that she meant to me.

So, in honor of Lori and all of the other "Lori's" out there, I will make my cards and send them along, hoping to make someone smile or give them a little hope.  It's such a great feeling to do this every year.


On a happier note..........

Here's a card for the HYCCT1B-For Kids Sake challenge!
This challenge was to create a card for the kiddos who see their parents going through treatment.  My card will allow a child to have a voice and to tell their mom how much they love them and that they are wishing that she recovers soon!

When I saw this Mambi patterned paper pack back in July, I bought it immediately knowing that I would need it for October.  I love the different combinations and the designs work great with this card.

Materials:
MFT - Girly Grphics T-shirt stamp set
MFT - Masculine T-shirt die-namics die
Mambi - Me & My Big Ideas - Breast Cancer patterned paper
Kraft, Raspberry Fizz and Sweet Blush cardstock
Raspberry Fizz dye ink and ribbon
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black


Thanks so much for stopping by, today.  I hope you come back often to see all of the cards I create for this wonderful challenge!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...