Saturday, August 4, 2012

I've got some BLING!!!


Good morning, everyone!

I'm back with another Silhouette Cameo T-shirt......But.....This one is for me AND it's got some bling!

This was soooooooooooooo fun to create!  One of the features of the Cameo is that has a "rhinestone" button.  You can simply use any line-art image to turn into a design with rhinestones!  Now, if you are looking for images to sell, you do have to be careful of copyright issues.....but, since this one was for me....I'm good to go!

I went looking for a coffee cup that I liked through Google Images.  In order to make it work, I had to import the image into the design software and fill the design with black.  Once that was complete, I used the trace function to trace the wording and cup.  Finally, I hit that magic "rhinestone" button and it created a template of circles for the Cameo to cut.

Once that step is complete and the template is cut and adhered to a backing board, you simply pour your rhinestones over all of the little wholes and brush them in to place.  This took much more time than I had anticipated because I used 2 different colored rhinestones.  In the end, I decided it was worth it.  ;-)

Finally, using transfer tape, you lift all of those rhinestones up, place it on your T-shirt and use a hot iron to adhere them.  I've gotten to wear my shirt on several occasions and have gotten compliments every time.  I love my shirt!


I love having 2 colors of rhinestones, it really makes a big difference in the design!


Since Michael's & JoAnn's had all of their Jerzee T-shirts on sale for $2.50 a few weeks ago, let's just say I have plenty to dabble with......lol  I even have plans of making a "flip flop" T-shirt sometime soon.



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...