Sunday, August 12, 2012

Fun with Washi Tape

Good morning, fellow crafters!

Today I have an awesome way to use Washi Tape!  We all love it.  We all want more of it!  But, if you are like me, you don't use it nearly enough.

I'm also sort of addicted to patterned paper........so, much so that I could probably do sets and sets of cards just showcasing the paper....lol  Well, when you have a great little sentiment set like Paper and Such's Simple Sentiments........you can make great cards featuring patterned paper and Washi tape!  ;-)

Such fun colors and patterns!!!

When making this type of card, picking a patterned paper that has a "line" type pattern is essential for keeping the tape straight.  I could easily use the pattern to make sure my tape was adhering in a straight line. As you can see, I used 2 types of Washi tape and some cardstock, so that I could have something to stamp my sentiment. 

This type of card is so simple to make and can easily be mailed since it is flat.........but, if you would like to jazz it up, that top rectangle would be perfect for a flower or some other kind of embellishment!

 You have to give credit where credit is due and I found my inspiration for using the Washi Tape from the iSpy Sketches #27.  It was the perfect sketch to cause my brain to go on the Washi tape journey that it did.  I'm so happy that I spotted it!


Materials Used:
Paper and Such - Simple Sentiments stamp set
Basic Grey patterned paper - What's Up
Target Washi Tape
PTI - Ocean Tides and Kraft cardstock
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black


Thanks for joining me today!


1 comment:

June K said...

Stephanie, I absolutely love this card. Were you talking specifically to me? I love washi tape...I love to collect them...and I don't use it nearly enough. I really like the orange paper you selected to use. Thanks for the tip about using patterned paper that I can use to get my tape straight.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...