Tuesday, July 24, 2012

SSD #138 Inspiration Challenge

Good Morning, everyone!!!
 This is my 2nd post for today........and also a 2nd challenge for today.  If you are looking for the Paper and Such challenge, click HERE!

Welcome to SSD's Challenge 138!

So, how are you liking the inspiration photos instead of sketches this month?  For me it is a refreshing change.  I'm embracing it because I think it allows my creativity to flow just a little more.  I love deciding if I'm going to use a pattern from the photo or colors.  I'm loving this little change-up.

Of course, we are still going to get inspiration from some guest designers, too!  Laurel Seabrook and  Deb Felts are joining us again and I can't wait to see what they create using the inspiration photos.



Darling Damask & Cancer Schmancer in action!

I had no problem finding the mango, sunshine and slate colors, but the melon was throwing me a little.  Then I thought about using a sentiment instead of an image and TA-DA!!!

This sentiment is just perfect for encouragement and support.  Adding a strip of the same patterned paper to the inside pulls the whole card together.


Now it's YOUR turn!  Join in the inspiration challenge this week by creating a card using the featured photo below.  Link up to the Skipping Stones site for your chance to win FREE stamps!  You don't have to use Skipping Stones Stamps, but we love it when you do!  


Here is your inspiration photo for this week! 




Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise mentioned):
Skipping Stones Design - Darling Damask  & Cancer Schmancer stamp set
DCWV patterned paper - Lemon Flowers
Fillable Frames #4 die
Medium Scallop Border die
Melon Berry, Smokey Shadow and Stamper's Select White cardstock
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
The Twinery twine - Cantaloupe
Misc. Button


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Mynnette said...

I absolutely LOVE the use of this DCVW paper!!! And your sentiment looks so fabulous on the coral punched panel--this is beautiful! :)

Jingle said...

Very pretty card!

Anne B said...

Love your take on the challenge. Those cheery papers and great sentiment would be encouraging to anyone facing a difficult illness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...