Monday, June 11, 2012

SSD - Breathtaking Butterflies Designer Showcase

Good Morning, everyone!!!

Are you ready for the new Skipping Stones Designs stamp set release this month???

Every month on the Monday prior to the stamp release, the DT gets to host a Design Showcase!  You can use my list of Design Team members on the right sidebar to get some other sneak peeks of the new set.

For June, we are showcasing.....
Breathtaking Butterflies! 

I simply LOVE butterflies, so when the DT got a sneak peek at this set, I was incredibly happy.  When you see the full reveal in my post tomorrow, you'll want this set, too!


Designer Showcase!
If you click to enlarge this photo, you'll see that I got to use my new Copic Airbrush system to make the speckled-gray background.  I'm so excited to add another use for my Copic markers.

The butterflies in this set are just beautiful, but another neat aspect of them is since they are symmetrical you can also stamp the back so that if you make your butterfly pop up like I did, you can see the wings on the other side of the cardstock, too!


Today, I used the June I{heart}2 Stamp Sketch Challenge.  When I saw the big circle as the focal panel, I knew I wanted to use one of PTI's Mega Stacks.  I opted out of any embellishments for the top 2 stars because I didn't want to draw the eye away from the butterfly.



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Skipping Stones Design - Breathtaking Butterflies stamp set
Nesties - Standard Circles Small
Mega Mat Stack #3 die
Sizzix/Hero Arts background and embossing set - Flowers & Vines
My Mind's Eye patterned paper - Dilly Dally
Hero Arts Hero Hues layering paper - Foliage
Gina K. Pure Luxury cardstock - Parisian Garden variety pack
Winter Wisteria & Stamper's Select White cardstock
Smokey Shadow & Winter Wisteria dy ink
Memento ink - Elderberry & Grape Jelly
K&Company Roam Fabric Covered Brads
Charming Crochet Etsy Shop - Crocheted Flower
Want2Scrap - White pearls
Copic Airbrush System
Copic marker - T6


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

Beautiful card!!!

Amy Sheffer said...

BEAUTIFUL, Stephanie! Great take on the SFYTT!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...