Sunday, June 17, 2012

My First Project Using Vinyl and my Cameo!!!


Good morning, everyone!

Oh how much fun I've been having with my Silhouette Cameo (my big gift from Mike this past Christmas).  I got it mainly to cut tons of shapes for cards and school, but I'm finding that there are so many other things you can do with it.

I have a small project to share with you today and then some other fun ones over next few days/weeks!!!



This first project was inspired by a Pinterest photo that a friend posted on Facebook.  I absolutely loved the idea and think the "visual" side of me will love the motivation of this concept.

The original photo had cylinders with the marbles but when I saw these at Pat Catans, I loved the small squares.
This looks pretty simple, but honestly, it took a little work to get it how I wanted it.  I bought the letters with my online Silhouette subscription and had to play with how they were positioned.  Then through online classes, I learned how to "weld" the letters together and apply the vinyl using transfer paper.  It was easier than I had expected but this was a small project.



I can put vinyl on all kinds of things.........drink tumblers, T-shirts (which you'll see soon), mirrors, picture frames, car windows, etc.  I have such a cool design for my car, I can't wait.



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

3 comments:

Glennis said...

What a wonderful idea and aren't you so lucky having a Cameo - I am so envious

June K said...

Cute project. And what a great idea with the pounds to go.

Kara said...

such a great idea!! love the visual reminder of your goal...id keep this in the kitchen...lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...