Saturday, June 16, 2012

Airbrushed Lilies!


Good morning, everyone!

On my very first day off for summer vacation, I did something I've been wanting to do for a very long time.  I took a Copic class at a scrapbooking store about 40 minutes away.  It wasn't a certification class, just a class offered by one of the ladies who works at the store and is certified.

In this Copic 101 class, much of the first half was just history and information.  During the 2nd half of the class, we got to practice some techniques and make 3 cards.  This is the final card that we made and it is my favorite!

For this card, I got to use the air brush system on the back aqua panel and the ribbon on the bottom.  I absolutely loved the air brushing so I ordered one and it should be arriving today!!!  For coloring the ribbon, you simply put some of the re-inker in a baggie and added your white ribbon.  Next, you squished the ribbon around in the ink and you had a custom color matching your image!  Love that!

I love how the ribbon matches the background panel above.  I really had a load of fun in this class and can't wait to take the 2nd one offered at the end of the month.

I'm not sure of the materials used for the card since it was just handed to us, but I do know that I used the following Copic markers on the flowers, leaves and ribbon:  YR16, BG53, G94/99



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Stephanie, this is beautiful! Oh to color like this! ;)

Karen C. said...

Stephanie, that ribbon treatment is so dramatic and eye catching. The gradient shading on the lilies is very realistic. Wish we had copic classes here ... I feel I'm ready for some more detailed techniques. Have fun stamping and colouring!!

Anne B said...

Beautiful card, Stephanie. Those lilies are fab and I love that blue colour too!

IamDerby said...

This is gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...