Tuesday, May 1, 2012

SSD #126 Challenge and MORE Cameo Welding!

Good Morning, everyone!!!
This is my 2nd post for the day, so if you'd like a sneak peek at the new Paper and Such stamp set, you are going to want to CLICK HERE!

Welcome to SSD's Sketch Challenge 126!
It's May 1st, which means we have a new crew to introduce!

Please welcome Heide Van Laar as our sketch artist for the month of May! Heide is on some pretty wonderful design teams including Spellbinders, Paper Smooches (such cute stamps), We R Memory Keepers, and a few more!  I honestly don't know how she does it!  But this month, we get to see her in action with all of the wonderful sketches she's created for Skipping Stones!

Joining her this month are 2 very talented guest designers are Taylor Usry and  Jen Rzasa.  These wonderful ladies will also be joining us for the month of May and I can't wait to see what they create using Heide's sketches.


This card turned out so darned cute!  I actually made the rectangular number panel (all one piece) and the brown panel under it using my Silhouette Cameo!  The tips I'm learning in the "A Cut Above" online class are just amazing.  I'm so excited that I finally am learning how to create using my machine!

Here is the inside where I just used the number border all by itself.  I love carrying an element from the outside onto the inside of my cards......Since this is a birthday card, those lined up numbers are just perfect!

Did you notice all of the twine behind the focal image???  I'm so excited to get to use twine of such beautiful colors because Skipping Stones Designs is partnering with The Twinery for the entire month of May!  You are going to see twine in such beautiful colors that you will want a bunch of it for yourself.  That's why you have to be sure to check out all of the designers this week........You've got to find out how they added it to their projects!


Here's the sketch for this week!  


Are you ready to get inky?
Are you ready to create something for the challenge?


I can't wait to see what you come up with using Heide's first sketch......and if you have it, TWINE!


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Skipping Stones Design - You Know You're Getting Old Birthday stamp set
Silhouette Online Store - Number Border
Limitless Layers: 1/34" Circles dies
Echo Park patterned paper - This & That: Charming
Kraft, Fine Linen, and Dark Chocolate cardstock
Memento ink - Rich Cocoa
Copic markers - R27, Y35, G94/99 and C7
The Twinery twine- Caribbean
Misc. Brown grosgrain ribbon
Sakura Gelly Roll pen #553


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

This is adorable, Stephanie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...