Friday, May 18, 2012

Bridal Shower Card!


Good morning, everyone!

I'm so, so excited about the card I am sharing with you today.

I had a request to make a bridal shower card and needed some inspiration, so off to Pinterest I went!  I was so excited to see THIS amazing card from 2011!  I knew I wanted to make the wedding gown, and started folding.  After about 45 minutes, this is what I came up with.

Beautiful Bridal Shower card!

Carli told me the colors were a light green with gold/tan accents.  I loved the soft green cardstock in the Hero Arts Foliage pack.  It was perfect with the gold.

When I went back to the original post to give credit to Angie, I clicked her "Home" button to see if she still had an active blog and guess what I found???  A tutorial for making the gown (which can be found HERE: http://paperpaws.blogspot.com/2012/05/doily-dress-folds-tutorial.html  )......lol  It was about 4 hours too late, but I'm glad I have it now.  You have to check it out!

For the inside, I just pulled the same green for the image and then stamped the sentiments.  There should be plenty of room for all of the bridesmaids to sign this one.


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Love & Marriage stamp set
Half & Half stamp set (inside sentiment)
Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card background stamp - Damask
4" and 5" paper doilies
Hero Arts layering cardstock - Foliage
Stampers' Select White cardstock
Staz-On ink - Jet Black
Memento ink - New Sprout
My Mind's Eye - Stella & Rose Hattie "Happy" Brads
Misc. Gold ribbon
Versamark ink - Clear
Filigree embossing powder - Clear
VersaMagic ink - Tea Leaves



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

10 comments:

The Paper Parade said...

Wow, that is one awesome wedding card! The dress made out of the doily is so delicate! Love the sash with the pin on it, too. The recipient is going to be thrilled! And lol about your story of taking four hours and THEN seeing the tutorial ;)

Linda Suarez said...

Beautiful! I will definitely be trying this too. TFS!

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

OMG what a beautiful card love the way you've made the doily into a dress.

jacqui x

Kim O'Connell said...

OH EM GEEEE! I LOVE THAT! Awesome card, Steph!

Angie said...

Love it! I'm so glad my tutorial worked for you!

Angie said...

Love it! I'm so glad my tutorial worked for you!

Cait Gordon said...

This is just beautiful! How clever! I am a card-making newbie, but I just love it!

Anonymous said...

Hi i really love the wedding dress card. I would love to maek it but the link to the tutorial does not take me to the tutorial. could you please relink to it.

Thanks.

Stephanie said...

I did update the link.....Sorry about that!

Stacy said...

Gorgeous card! I love how your folds turned out, do you have a tutorial on how you did it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...