Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Big Birthday for FIL!


Good morning, everyone!

My father-in-law's birthday is coming up on the 20th, and I just love making him cards.  He will sit and stare at them and ask me how I did this or that. 

This year, he turns 89!  He came over for an early "birthday dinner" this past weekend and said he thought he was only turning 81.  Then it hit him that he was 89!  I laughed when he said, "How did that happen?"  LOL  He's such an awesome man, I'm so glad that we still have him in our lives.


Birthday Wishes for FIL!

I thought the newspaper print and the plaid was just perfect for his card this year.

The inside took some selective stamping to work out, but I love the sentiment because it is so true!


I used the Clean & Simple #190 Sketch Challenge to get the mojo flowin' for this card!  I just love the way it turned out!




Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
2012 Birthday Tags stamp set
Big Birthday Wishes stamp set (inside sentiment)
Limitless Layers: 1 3/4" Circle dies
By the Numbers dies
Echo Park patterned paper - This & That: Charming
Hero Arts layering cardstock - Pool
Dark Chocolate, Kraft, Vintage Cream & Summer Sunrise cardstock
Dark Chocolate dye ink
VersaMagic ink - Tea Leaves



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

1 comment:

Arlene said...

Such a great masculine card and the sentiment is perfect. Love it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...