Monday, April 9, 2012

SSD - Heart Song 2 Designer Showcase

Good Morning, everyone!!!

Are you ready for the new Skipping Stones Designs stamp set release this month???

Every month on the Monday prior to the stamp release, the DT gets to host a Design Showcase!  You can use my list of Design Team members on the right sidebar to get some other sneak peeks of the new set.

For April, we are showcasing.....
Heart Song #2! 

The original Heart Song stamp set is loved by so many that Heather had to create a Part 2.  When you see the full reveal in my post tomorrow, you'll want this set, too!


Heart Song #2 Showcase!

I paper-pieced the birds body using the same purple patterned paper as the thin panel below it.  The bird's body was so easy to cut right out and place on top of the stamped image.  It was an easy way to get out of cutting those skinny little legs!  ;-)
 


I used Sweet Sunday's #156 Sketch Challenge!  I just got my new MFT Fishtail Flag Stax and couldn't wait to sue them.  When I saw this sketch, I was so excited!


Don't forget that tomorrow is the SSD Blog Hop and you'll be seeing even more examples using this awesome set!


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Skipping Stones Design - Heart Song #2 stamp set
MFT - Fishtail Flag Stax
Mat Stack #3 die
Medium Scallop Border die
Basic Grey patterned paper - Plumeria
Rustic Cream cardstock
Chamomile ink
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Memento ink -Rich Cocoa


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

1 comment:

LilyPinkScraps said...

Love this! I'm a sucker for stamped images on text or music graphics!! Clever way to avoid fussy cutting the legs too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...