Friday, April 20, 2012

SSD - Feature Friday

Good morning, everyone!

It's time for Skipping Stones Design's Feature Friday!

This month we have been featuring 2 very popular stamp sets..........

Heartsong & Heartsong 2!



Here's another card made using Heartsong 2.
Love this color palette!

I knew that I wanted to surround the bird stamp in flowers and the best way to achieve that was patterned paper.  Using Basic Grey's Konnichiwa, I was able to add all of the roses in the background.  

For the stamping, I did 2nd generational stamping by stamping off the ink first on a piece of scrap paper and then stamping onto the white panel.  I did the same thing one more time, but turned the stamp ever so slightly.  I didn't want the leaves to be as dark as the bird.  Finally, I stamped the bird.  Originally, I thought I would be coloring the bird, so I used Memento ink, but then I liked it exactly as it was.  

Before adhering all of the pieces, I used Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress inks to sponge all of the edges.  I already had the cute little flower made from an online class I'm taking now, so that was just a bonus.

I hope you enjoyed another Heartsong 2 feature!


Materials Used:
Skipping Stones Designs - Heartsong 2
Basic Grey patterned paper - Konnichiwa
Nesties - Classic Ovals: Small
PTI cardstock - Ocean Tides and Stampers' Select White
PTI dye ink - Simply Chartreuse and True Black
Memento ink - Rich Cocoa
Tim Holtz distress ink - Tea Dye
Martha Stewart rhinestone



Thanks for stopping by today!


2 comments:

Leah said...

SO pretty! I can't wait to get my sets, hoping they come today :) Lovely card!

Katie Gehring said...

This is really lovely! I adore the colors you used- I think your card really highlights the sets just beautifully!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...