Saturday, April 28, 2012

Shaped Card using the Silhouette Cameo and Welding!

Good Morning, everyone!!!

Here's another "A Cut Above" online class card!
We are in the 2nd part of the class which focuses on using the Silhouette Cameo machine.  Mike got me this machine for Christmas and I just love it; but, being my very first electronic cutter, I really have to learn a lot.  This 2nd part of class with the Cameo being the focus has been amazingggggggggggg!  I'm learning so much!

So, Part 2 - Day 2's technique was to create another shaped card.  Using the Cameo software, I used the "welding" technique shown to us by Jennifer McGuire.  She is so amazing when she teaches!  Love these classes because of her teaching style.

Anyway, when welding, you basically take one shape, duplicate it and line it up against the original along a straight side and merge the two images together so it will fold.  I chose to use a wine glass and have the card open from bottom to top.

I made two of these cards for 2 very special friends and fellow teachers that are retiring this year.  They are part of my "wine" group (I've mentioned them in several posts...lol).  Anyway, this will be their retirement card.

Welded shaped card!
This turned out better than I had ever expected.  I covered the entire front of the wine glass with Diamond Glaze.  I also purposely let some of the little bubbles dry as such.....perfect for the wine!  The inside is stamped with "on your retirement."

I just wanted you to see how glossy the glass actually turned out.  This picture still does not do the card justice, but you might get a better idea.

 One of the tips Jennifer gave us is to fill an entire sheet of cardstock with images and just keep the extras.  Since I was making 2 of these cards, the glasses, hearts and sentiment did fill it up pretty good, but I added a few more hearts and some fluffy clouds, too.
I hope you can see all that I squeezed on to this one piece of cardstock!





I'm so, so happy that I'm taking this class!



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Silhouette Online Store - 4 Hearts
Silhouette Online Store - Wine Glasses & Bottle
Ali Edwards - Free Framed Sentiments for class
Congrats All Ways stamp set (inside sentiment)
In the Meado die (to curve the wine in the glass)
Basic Grey patterned paper - Kissing Booth
Neenah Solar White cardstock
True Black dye ink
Tim Holtz distress ink - Aged Mahogany and Wild Honey
Diamond Glaze




Thanks so much for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Trexxann said...

Gorgeous card Stephanie, your friends will love it! The bubbles are a great touch!!

The Paper Parade said...

Stephanie, this is amazing card! I love that the glass looks like it actually has liquid in it, and the best wishes sentiment stands out so much!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Very COOL card Stephanie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...