Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Heart to Heart Birthday!

Good Morning, everyone!!!

I had a blast creating this next card.  It sure did take a lot of thinking on my part, but I used some fabulous techniques that I learned via the "A Cut Above" online class!

This will fit 2 of the days techniques.  Day 5's technique was to create die cuts using materials other than cardstock or patterned paper.  Day 5a (a bonus day) was to use the negative space in some way.


How about some ribbon die cuts???
The top heart is a piece of scrap paper covered in Scor tape and then a mixture of ribbon scraps.  I used a PTI heart die (a wafer-thin die) to put over top and a metal shim to cut it out.  It didn't cut the whole way through, but the easy shape allowed me to cut it cleanly with scissors.

I didn't have any neat "thin" designs to put under the bottom heart, but I did have this whimsical tree......LOL  I just cut off the point so it wouldn't stick out and then turned the panel over and use dimensionals to prop it up.


I'm totally loving this class!  I mainly took it for the Silhouette Cameo portion coming up, but I have learned a few new tricks!



I made today's card using CAS-ual Friday's #49 Sketch Challenge!  It took a bit to figure out how to tie this in with the "A Cut Above" class, but I love how this all worked out!





Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Think Big Favorites #14 stamp set
Heart Prints die
Memory Box die - Winterland Tree
Raspberry Fizz, Soft Stone and Stampers' Select White cardstock
Scrap ribbon pieces




Thanks so much for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Anne B said...

Oohh - lovely card. Love the way you incorporated all the techniques and the sketch. Fab idea to use the scrap ribon :)

Laura Davis said...

Very cute!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

This is TERRIFIC!! I adore how you used the tree die cut to fill that negative . . . AH-MAZING! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!! We're so glad you did!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...