Monday, April 2, 2012

Dancing in the Rain!



Hello, everyone!!!


Well, I promised other stamps other than PTI and I broke out my {stamps} of life stamps again!  I actually created a few cards this week using a number of Stephanie's sets!  Tell me why I have neglected them for the last few months???

This was the first time I inked up the Umbrella4You set.  The umbrella's center panel is open and you have the choice of two other panels to use (the polka-dot one I used or another solid for different color).  I just love my polka-dots, so that was a no-brainer for me!

I chose to deboss the dots instead of embossing them and I like how that white panel turned out.

The inside turned out adorable using the littler umbrella that comes with this set.  I just absolutely love the fonts that Stephanie uses.  They are so fun and whimsical!



I'm using this card for two challenges!  I have been loving CAS-ual Friday's challenges lately.  And, although sometimes they take me a bit to come up with something, this one was easy once I opened up my {stamps} of life binder!  Immediately, I saw the umbrella set and got the tune "Rain Drops Keep Falling on my Head" stuck in my head!


Toss in a color challenge using The Play Date Cafe's #125 Color Challenge and you've got a winner.  I just love color splash challenges but this one proved to be a bit more difficult for me than usual.




Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
the {stamps} of life - Umbrella4You stamp set
 Cuttlebug embossing folder - Swiss Dot
True Black, Dark Chocolate, Kraft and Stampers' Select White cardstock
Kraft and Dark Chocolate dye ink
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black



Thanks so much for stopping by today!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

What a cute card, love the polka dots on the umbrella!

LilyPinkScraps said...

Great umbrellas (love those dots)and those fonts are super cute too!

Karen B. said...

Such a fun design, and I really like this image with the colors you've used! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Julie Ranae said...

What a sweet card for the 'splash'! So glad you could join us in The Cafe this week : )

Ted said...

Hey Stephanie! Glad to see we both got some honorable mention. :) This card is wonderful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...