Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Cut Above Online Class - Layered Die Cut Flowers

Good Morning, everyone!!!

I have a card for another online class called: A Cut Above!  The class is 3 weeks long and will focus on traditional die cuts with metal dies for 1.5 weeks and then switch over to the Silhouette Cameo for 1.5 weeks.  I am loving all of these Cameo classes popping up.  At least I'm getting a lot of use out of my Christmas present from Mike!

For Day 1's video, I knew most of the techniques that were shown, but I love creating a card with a purpose and a goal......which was to make layered flowers.  Mix that with a sketch challenge and you have a winner!

Love the colors and the little added bling!  ;-)

I just wanted to show you how awesome the dimension is on these flowers.  I used 3 die cuts stacked on top of one another.



I made today's card using Card Pattern's #161 Sketch Challenge!  I was a bit stumped at first and then I went looking to my new stuff that I bought over Easter.  I decided to use flowers in that center circle and am so happy with how they turned out.


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Round & Round stamp set
Hero Arts background stamp - Leaf & Floral
Flower Fusion #2 die
Nesties - Standard Circles and Scalloped Circles: Large
Basic Grey - Konnichiwa patterned paper
Simply Chartreuse & Stampers' Select White cardstock
Elements Elements Crystal Stickers
1" Circle punch (to make the leaves)
Canvas Corp. Clothespins
Uniball Signo gel pen - white
a*muse studio ink - Shell
True Black dye ink
Copic marker - YG97 (to color clothespin)



Thanks so much for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Angela B. said...

Love the flowers they are gorgeous! Wonderful card very pretty!

whoistracy said...

Oh those flowers are just gorgeous! Love the colors here, too. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns!

Lenet said...

Beautiful card.Love the flowers! Thanks for joining us at CardPatterns.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...