Thursday, March 8, 2012

Tips & Tricks Thursday Tutorial

Good morning, everyone!
Welcome to Skipping Stones Design's Tips & Tricks Thursday!


This month, Skipping Stones Designs has partnered up with Scor-Pal and each of the DT members was given a Scor Buddy to use with this month's sketches.  You may have noticed some pretty neat folding cards and designs on Tuesday. Well, thanks to Scor-Pal, we got to play with this wonderful tool.

Today I'm going to show you how to make panels on the front of a card using your Scor Buddy, Scor Pal or other scoring board.  At first I thought this may be too "beginner-ish," but then thought that the process could be used for other panel cards, so I went with it.


Creating panels on the front of a card:

Start off with a piece of cardstock cut to the above dimensions.

Score it at 5.25" so that it makes a square card.

I found the center of the card (2 5/8") so that I could center the 4 panels across the front.

After finding the center, I made my first score lines 1/8" on each side of that center line.  These lines outlined my center and provided the start to the 2 center panels.  I did NOT start at the tippy top nor go completely to the bottom because I wanted to square the panels off.

If you have a different sized card, you would simple work from the center out to make your panels, but for this size card, you can use the dimensions above.  I wanted mine each 1" wide with 1/4" in between each panel.....but, you could use any dimensions using this method.

Next, I turned my card and scored the top of the panels being sure to skip the 1/4" spaces between each panel.

Then, I scored the bottom of the panels the same way.

Finally, I went back and made my first lines totally connect with each other to make the 4 panels.

Everything is centered and perfect when you move from the center out.

I just wanted to show you that many of the Skipping Stones Design stamp sets have images that work with a 1" panel.  These images are from the following stamp sets:  Cancer Schmancer, Grunge 2, Beautiful Botanicals and You Know You're Getting Old Birthday.


I would love to see some panel cards that you create.  You may even be able to use the panels for the Skipping Stones Sketch Challenge next week! ;-)

I hope you've enjoyed this week's Tips & Trick's Thursday!!!

Happy Stampin'!!!


4 comments:

wendyp said...

Awesome tutorial, Stephanie!!!

June K said...

Wow, what a great tutorial, Stephanie. Love the panels.

Glennis said...

What a great idea, I will have to try this one

jo (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Awesome tutorial, Steph! I've gotta try this out! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...