Monday, March 5, 2012

Take a Peek Inside!

Good morning, everyone!


I finally had the chance to use my Grand Madison Memory Box die yesterday.  I couldn't figure out what I wanted behind the window and I looked over at my new PTI release stamps that I haven't had the chance to catalog and instantly thought of the lamps.

I'm not sure if you can see it in this picture but the window is dry embossed with a woodgrain pattern.  You might have to click the picture to enlarge it so you can see those details.


I really liked how this card turned out with the light coming out from under the lamp shades.  In order to make it work, I die cut the matching dies and covered my stamped image with the die cuts using repositionable tape.  Then I used Tim Holtz Scattered Straw ink to fan out the light using a foam pad.  The effect is exactly what I was going for.



I hope your week is off to a great start!



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Lighten Up stamp set
Lighten Up Sentiments stamp set
Background Basics: Medallions
Memory Box - Grand Madison Window
Woodgrain impression plate
Basic Grey patterned  paper - Plumeria
Dark Chocolate and Stampers' Select White cardstock
Classic Kraft and Berry Sorbet dye ink
Tim Holtz distress ink - Scattered Straw
Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients ribbon


Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

Debbie Gaydos said...

Love this Stephanie! Great idea to use the lamps and I love how they "glow"!

carol (krillsister) said...

Cute card. Love the little strip of BB: medallions behind the window. Great distressing.

Mayol said...

Great card! i love the woodgrain and it's awesome how you made the glow under the lamp.

Denise said...

Everything about this is smart... the soft glowing light... the lamps shining through the window... the woodgrain... LOVE it!!

Cassi said...

great use of the lamps with the window die. i think that i must have this die!

Jen Adcock said...

So illuminating! *blush* I love the use of the lamps and your gradient coloring choices in the both the DP and inks. Clever. I really wish I could get a hold of the MB die. It's so fun, especially in your capable hands.

Hope you're well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...