Tuesday, March 27, 2012

SSD #121 Sketch Challenge

Good Morning, everyone!
This is my second post of the day, so if you would like to see the card I made for the new Paper and Such Challenge, please CLICK HERE!


Welcome to SSD's Sketch Challenge 121!
I'm so happy to see you joining us again this week!

Well, the time has come to see Angi Barrs' last sketch as our sketch artist for this month.  I had such an amazing time using each of her sketches along with the Scor-Buddy and Skipping Stones Design stamps.  She is one talented lady.

 We are also saying goodbye to our 2 very talented guest designers: A.J. Otto and  Amy Tsuruta.  Be sure to visit their blogs as well as the design team (all of their blogs are listed in the right side column) so that you can get some wonderful inspiration for this challenge!  Both of you ladies rocked it this month!

For my card this week, I a new product "for me."  First time using Washi tape and I loved it!  I hope this doesn't become another stamping addiction......lol  I loved how easy it was to dress up the inside of a card using it!  Fun stuff!

Using the Scor-Buddy, I made the 3D banner and have that center popping out by simply making 2 scor lines 1/4" apart and folding on the lines to make it come to life.  I also used it for the panels where I used the Washi tape.  It almost makes it look like ribbon weaved in and out of the card.

Just adding the Washi tape to the inside pulls it together, but also finishes the card off.  Don't you just love that sentiment for the inside of the card?? 


 This month Skipping Stones is partnering up with Scor-Pal!  All month you have been seeing cards with unique folds or designs using this wonderful tool.....That's because each of the designers were given a Scor-Buddy to use on all of our creations this month.  Thanks Scor-Pal!!!



Here's your sketch for this week, so that you can join in on the fun!


Are you ready to get inky?
Are you ready to create something for the challenge?


I can't wait to see what you come up with using this awesome sketch......AND......if you are ambitious, your scoring tool!


Materials Used:
Skipping Stones Design - Birthday Purses stamp set
Lawn Fawn patterned paper - Bright Side
PTI - Double Ended Banner die
PTI - Plum Pudding, Kraft and Stampers' Select White cardstock
Queen & Co. Trendy Tape - Purple Polka Dot
Colorbox ink - Frost White
Memento ink - Tuxedo Black
Kaiser Craft rhinestones
Filigree embossing powder - White 
Copic markers - V17 and E23

 Scor-Buddy


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

14 comments:

LilyPinkScraps said...

Very cool idea for that "ribbon weaving" - so much neater than when I try to do it the real way!! Gorgeous card and yes, fab sentiment :)

Jingle said...

This is fabulous! I really love how you did the panels with the tape!!!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Just wanted to let you know how much I really loved your card with this week's sketch Stephanie, great job!

Ashley Rock said...

Love the card--- the saying on the inside is too funny--- AND TRUE haha

Anne B said...

Love your card and thanks for the tip about the 3D banner - I've always wondered about the best way to achieve those :)

AJ said...

great card, and brilliant idea with the ribbon@!! :)

Mariana said...

this so pretty, love the embossing that defines the washi tape!

~amy~ said...

Sweet! Love the pops of purple!

Angi said...

Love that gorgeous purple!

Barb's Boys Inspired said...

With that scoring it totally looks like ribbon weaving! Love the purse too!

Wendy said...

Good morning Stephanie!! Your card is darling. I hope you're well and back to feeling like yourself!! Enjoy the rest of the week!

Suzanne Roseberry said...

Thank you for a super fun challenge!

roseberry.suzanne@gmail.com
www.suzanneroseberrydesign.blogspot.com

Suzanne Roseberry said...

I enjoyed making a card using the sketch you posted. Lovely and fun!

Thank you,
roseberry.suzanne@gmail.com
www.suzanneroseberrydesign.blogspot.com

Karen B. said...

Your use of washi tape is so clever, and I just love your color combination!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...