Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Special Purple Birthday Card

Hi, everyone!
I'm back with a 2nd post for today!  If you'd like to see my first post with a gorgeous butterfly, CLICK HERE!

I had a very good friend ask me to make her soon-to-be 23 year old daughter a birthday card.  She told me she liked purple and then showed me her Kindle case that she loved.  I had a super idea using a circle stamp very similar to the one on the case, but then I ended up going in a whole different direction based on the flowers and colors.

I hope she likes it!

Gina K.'s new patterned papers are just gorgeous for a card with lots of different panels.  I love how all of these shades of purples mix and mingle on the card.  The ribbon is white and shimmery, but in this picture it appears almost silver.

Since this is coming from a mom, I thought this inside sentiment was just perfect. 


I got more inspiration from the CPS #254 Sketch Challenge for this week.  I did rotate the sketch so it would work with PTI's Happy Day die cut panel.


Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Movers & Shakers Sentiments stamp set
Gracious Vases stamp set (inside)
Happy Day die
Filigree Border die
Gina K. patterned paper and cardstock - Parisian Garden
Royal Velvet and Stampers' Select White cardstock
VersaFine ink - Imperial Purple
Tim Holtz distress inks - Milled Lavender and Dusty Concord
Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients ribbon
Copic marker - RV66 (flowers inside)



Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Lea L. said...

Very pretty card! Love the colors! Thanks for playing along with CPS sketch 254!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...