Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Skipping Stones Design Sketch Challenge #120!

Good Morning, everyone!!!

Welcome to SSD's Sketch Challenge 120!
I'm so happy to see you joining us again this week!

Once again, we have the wonderful Angi Barrs as our sketch artist for this week.  Joining her are our 2 very talented guest designers: A.J. Otto and  Amy Tsuruta.  Be sure to visit their blogs as well as the design team (all of their blogs are listed in the right side column) so that you can get some wonderful inspiration for the challenge!

For my card this week, I went a little larger than normal.  Instead of an A2 sized card this one is 6.25"x4.5".  I needed a bigger card to fit the rosettes.

The stamped flowers were colored with Memento markers before stamping.  If you click to enlarge the photo, you will see that it loos as if they were water-colored.


 This month Skipping Stones is partnering up with Scor-Pal!  All month you have been seeing cards with unique folds or designs using this wonderful tool.....That's because each of the designers were given a Scor-Buddy to use on all of our creations this month.  Thanks Scor-Pal!!!

This week, I chose to use the Scor-Buddy to make these cute rosettes.  I cut 7 strips of paper that were 6"x1/2".  Next, I scored the paper strips at 1/4" increments.  I folded them accordion style and then hot-glued the end tabs to make a circle.  I pushed them flat, which does take a bit of doing......lol, and then I hot-glued them to make the rosettes.  Finally, I topped them off with some pearl embellishments and adhered them to my card.



I absolutely loved the sketch for this week, but I struggled with using circles and the Scor-Buddy.  The problem was easily solved when I thought of making those tiny rosettes!  Yayyyyyyyy!!! 


Are you ready to get inky?
Are you ready to create something for the challenge?


I can't wait to see what you come up with using this awesome sketch......AND......if you are ambitious, your scoring tool!


Materials Used:
Skipping Stones Design - Beautiful Botanicals stamp set
Gina K. patterned paper - Wisteria Lane
PTI - Double Ended Banner die
Memento marker - Lulu Lavender
Memento marker - Dandelion
 Memento marker - Desert Sand
 Memento marker - New Sprout
PTI - Stampers' Select White cardstock
PTI dye ink - Classic Kraft
Want2Scrap pearls
 Scor-Buddy


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Stephanie...this is a work of ART!! Gorgeous!!

~amy~ said...

wonderful! Love all the rosettes and your choices of colors!

Angi said...

Love those stamped flowers!

Karen B. said...

Pretty rosettes!

Barb's Boys Inspired said...

WOW! What a gorgeous sweet spring time card! Love your take on this sketch...you ladies are all SO VERY creative!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...