Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Skipping Stones #119 Sketch Challenge!

Good Morning, everyone!!!
 This is my 2nd post for today........and also a 2nd challenge for today.  If you are looking for the Paper and Such challenge, click HERE!



Hello, friends!  Today SkippingStones Design is excited to be releasing another BEAUTIFUL stamp set!  It is called Beautiful Botanicals and it is a must have!!!  And, even better, Skipping Stones has joined up with the fabulous Scor-Pal team for an amazing blog hop!  The hop will begins at the Scor-Pal blog and will finish off at the Skipping Stones blog!  If you came from Gini's blog you are already on track!  If not, you may want to hop on back to Scor-Pal to join in on ALL the fun! 

Don't forget to leave comments!  Skipping Stones Design will be giving away one stamp set to a lucky winner and Scor-Pal is giving away a Scor-Buddy, so there is lots to win!



Beautiful Botanicals in action!

The panels are difficult to see in this picture, but in real life, they really do look awesome!  I think this stamp was just made to fit these 1" panels.

Here's a peek at the entire set!
Click to enlarge!  This will just be perfect for Mother's Day!


Now it's YOUR turn!  Join in the sketch challenge this week by creating a card using the featured sketch and link up to the Skipping Stones site for your chance to win FREE stamps!  You don't have to use Skipping Stones Stamps, but we love it when you do!  

Do you have a Scor-Pal or Scor-Buddy?  We would love to see you rocking those, too!!!  We ask that you don't combine the challenge with more than five total in your post (including SSD) and please link back here!  Have fun!  Your next stop on the hop is Karen's wonderful blog!

A HUGE thank you to Scor-Pal for providing Scor-Buddies to all of us on the Skipping Stones Design Team!  We LOVE THEM!!!!


The sketch for this week is just awesome!  It allowed me to "play" with the Scor Buddy! As you may have noticed, I loved flipping this sketch to use the panels at the bottom of my card.

Materials Used:
Skipping Stones Design - Beautiful Botanicals stamp set
Skipping Stones Design - Always Here stamp set
PTI - Double Ended Banner die
Scor Buddy
PTI - Vintage Cream and Spring Moss cardstock
PTI dye ink - Pure Poppy and Berry Sorbet
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
VersaMagic ink - Aloe Vera
Filigree embossing powder - Clear
Tim Holtz distress ink - Spun Sugar
Copic marker - E17


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

63 comments:

Jingle said...

Very pretty, Stephanie! Love the scored panels!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful white panels and gorgeous butterfly Stephanie!

rlovew said...

Awesome card- I love the light scoring of the pieces on the card.

Angi said...

I love the creativity that you did with my sketch. What a beautiful design!

Faye said...

Really like the subtle panels and your choice of just the right botanical for them. Nice job!

genagirl said...

Each one is so different but so wonderful!

steph said...

Love this card.

Cheryl Winget said...

I think this stamp set is awesome and you've showcased it beautifully!

Kim said...

Loved your card! I could make out the panels!! I'm loving those stamps:)
~Kim

silvia said...

pretty card!

Katie Gehring said...

Really striking design- love the scored panels!

Bunny said...

Lovely card and design..xxx

AmyJ said...

Beautiful card. I love the colors and how your used a dark and lighter color on the flowers. Wonderfully done.

Regina said...

such a gorgeous card!

Jan Garber said...

Great new stamps and I DO love the easy way the Scor-pal works! Wish I'd bought THAT one!

Gretchen Wilson said...

Love, love it.

Miriam Prantner said...

Love how you created the panels on this card and stamping in different shades. really pretty!

Scrapindipity Chicks said...

love ur card so pretty!!!

~amy~ said...

pretty card!!

Sheila said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

The panels make the card more spectacular. Great job!!

CLM-cindylu2u said...

Beautiful card, I think the embossed panels gives it such an elegant look!!
Cindylu

Ultimate Whirligig said...

So beautiful. I love your card, and the multi stamping is so effective.

Delightful Designs by Katherine said...

Nice job; thanks for sharing; I can;t wait to try. Wow, though, two blog posts in one day; awesome that you can manage that; I think I'm doing super when I do two in one week.

Ravengirl said...

Wow, very clever to simply score in those panels!

Susan said...

I love your take on the sketch.

THE HOOSIER STAMPER said...

Very pretty! :O)

Cherie said...

I really like how you did your circles with the ScorPal.

karennarelle said...

beautiful

beadz said...

That is a gorgeous new stamp set and I love what you did with it.
hugs,
Gini

JoyLynn said...

Simple and sweet:)

Neha Jain said...

lovely card

zehra said...

Lovely stamp, gorgeous card, o fun to create panels with scor buddy, for to try it

Karen Diebolt said...

Very nice Mother's Day card.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Fabulous card!!

jusaweecatnap said...

I love the subtle sophistication of this card, with the scoring giving a gentle frame to the stamping.

HockeyScrap said...

I love the subtle panels. I love that you used such contrasting colors, and the subtle difference in the two colors of the flowers is very cool. Beautiful work!
dbonczek@comcast.net

Wendy Thompson said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful card.

Anita Braddock said...

Supper cute. love the color and the way you have layered the butterfly is Awesome thanks for sharing.
abbraddock@msn.com

Amery said...

Very nice card!

Ujjwal said...

Very pretty! I love that butterfly :)

wendyp said...

gorgeous!!! love the way you did the panels!

Lucinde said...

Lovely card with nice scored details

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Beautiful card.

Cathy said...

Very pretty!
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

Auntie Em said...

Very sweet and dainty. I like your take on the sketch! :)

Brooke said...

this stamp set makes me giddy. It is beautiful. Love your card.

Pamela said...

This is beautiful!! I love it! :)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so great, love how you scored the sketch onto your card.

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a beautiful stamp set! I love your card...the repetition is just perfect!
Thank you so much for a chance to win!!!

Barb's Boys Inspired said...

Oh yes, I can see that I need one of those Scor-Pals! Great job on that sketch!

Neha Jain said...

clean n simple

Heather D. said...

Wow! I love how you created the 'panels' in the background. Makes it look like your flowers are framed. Very cool! I'm gonna have to borrow this idea :-) TFS!

EstherT said...

This card is lovely! Thank you for sharing it!

Linda said...

Thanks, Stephanie! Lobe the way you used panels for the stamping. It has been difficult to post a comment, but I finally made it. The blogspot was not responding. Thanks for sharing!

nandini rao said...

Beautiful

Lillian Child said...

The white panels are perfect! What a lovely card!

Cheryl S. said...

Wonderful card! This is just my style of stamp set.

Carmen said...

Great card- I love the botanical panels

Sheila said...

Concur...love the botanical panels.

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Beautiful panels!!

Deanne :)

snehal watwe welde said...

You are so taented .First your tutorial was so inspiring and then this beautiful ,simple and elegant card.Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

jo (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Super pretty! :) Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...