Wednesday, March 21, 2012

MIM with Graduated Backgrounds!

Hello, everyone!!!

I very rarely get to make cards in the evening after coming home from the school.  I'm usually exhausted and have to cook dinner and/or correct a ton of papers.  Since we are in week 2 of our state testing, I'm all caught up with my school work and had the chance to do another Make It Monday challenge!!!

This week's technique was so fun (watch the video of this technique below)!  I chose to use Copics, but can't wait to try the reinkers and water.  The little $5 set from PTI called Whale Wishes was perfect for a background of the ocean!

Not sure if you can see it in the picture above, but if you click to enlarge, you'll see a cut wave that I have the whale sitting in.  I took one of PTI's In the Meadow dies and traced it with my kraft knife......creating the perfect little wave to nestle my whale.

Popping the up the top half of the whale with dimensionals made him come to life in the pretty water!


Here's the video that I mentioned above!


I'm using this card for 2 challenges today.  The first is obviously for the Make It Monday #58 - Graduated Backgrounds ChallengeThe 2nd challenge that I used is ColourQ #129 Color Challenge.  When I saw the colors for this challenge, all I could think of was water....but how could I incorporate the purples?  Then I thought of the Whale Wishes stamp set that I had from PTI and never looked back! 



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Whale Wishes stamp set & dies
In the Meadow dies
Stampers' Select White cardstock
Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients - Purple cardstock
a*muse studio ink - Heather
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Copic markers - B14/41/52




Thanks so much for stopping by today!

16 comments:

Debbie Gaydos said...

Stephanie, this is such a sweet little card! What a perfect use of the graduated background, and you did a lovely job with the colors, too.

Ann said...

How perfect is this! The technique is just right here. I love the simplicity of this card.

carol (krillsister) said...

Cute card. Great job with the challenge. Love the little slit for the whale.

LilyPinkScraps said...

This is wonderful - would make a fabulous canvas for a little one's bedroom :)

Darnell J Knauss said...

Brilliant, truly. I have a cold and watery eyes and I swear your little whale is gently floating up and down in your cut-out! (Okay, maybe I shouldn't use that medication again.) Seriously, this is adorable!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Great card, Stephanie. You did a great job on the challenge.

Kristii said...

What a fun card!!! I love that little whale!! (Great minds think alike!!) I love that you cut a slit to place the whale in!!! Your technique is beautiful!!

LeAnne said...

This is VERy cool! Thanks for playing with us at the CQC this week!

Sylvia said...

What a fun card, Stephanie, love the gradated background and that cute whale! Thanks for joining us this week for the ColourQ challenge.

Joyce said...

Super job on the MIM technique. And, I love how you created the wave for the whale.

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a great card and excellent job on the MIM technique.

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is really cute!!!

Suzanne Russell said...

Such a perfect project for this challenge! Great job. :)

Noelle said...

SUPER cute, and great technique! so glad you played with us at ColourQ this week! :)

Christina said...

This is so adorable, Stephanie. How clever of you to cut a wave so the whale could nestle right into it, and the graduated background is so striking against the Razzleberry base. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

Stephanie, this is so sweet - LOVE the background! Thank you so much for playing with us at colourQ this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...