Saturday, March 17, 2012

Butterfly Birthday!

Hello, everyone!!!

I am just amazed at how utterly gorgeous it is in Pennsylvania today!  The sun is shining.  The sky is the most beautiful blue.........and, I got to be crafty!

I have a few birthdays coming up at the end of this month, so I've made quite a few birthday cards this weekend!  This butterfly set from PTI makes it so easy!

I used one of the dies to cut the large butterflies and then mounted the pattern paper underneath the top white panel.  Then I used the "kissing" technique on the Fine Linen butterflies with Classic Kraft.  Finally, I added a bright Berry Sorbet to add a POP!



I'm using this card for 2 challenges today.  The first is for the Make It Monday #57 Challenge sponsored by PaperTrey Ink.  I haven't done one of these challenges in what seems like forever.  I really had fun with this one.  My only issue was finding a stamp with the same pattern for the Fine Linen butterflies that I used with the pattern paper.  I found it in the Mat Stack #5 Collection!

Here's the video, if you want to try this technique yourself:


The 2nd challenge that I used is the CAS-ual Friday #44 Challenge.  For their challenge this week, called "It's Easy as 1-2-3", you had to use 1 pattern (the pp and the kissing on the medium butterflies), 1 image (the butterflies) and 1 sentiment!  I got it covered!  ;-)





Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Beautiful Butterflies stamp set & dies
Mat Stack #5 Collection stamp set (kissing design)
Aqua Mist patterned paper pack
Stampers' Select White cardstock
Fine Linen, Classic Kraft and Berry Sorbet dye ink
Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients ribbon



Thanks so much for stopping by today!

11 comments:

Jen Carter said...

Stephanie this is gorgeous!! I love it! So pretty!

LilyPinkScraps said...

Lovely card and such a great technique - thanks so much for showing this :)

Virginia L. said...

Love the kissing technique that you used for this design, Stephanie!The butterflies are gorgeous! So glad that you play along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Leah said...

SO pretty! Your kissing on the butterflies is just amazing and I love the colors. Gorgeous!

victoria h said...

Beautifully patterned butterflies.

Baseret said...

Beautiful card, Stephanie!

Baseret said...

Beautiful card, Stephanie!

Maureen Merritt said...

This is absolutely stunning Stepanie! A real "Wow" card!!

Michele Gross said...

Really beautiful! I love your butterflies :) Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Susan said...

So pretty!! I love how you alternated between the die cuts and the stamps. I will have to try that out one day. :)

Dana said...

wow Stephanie. his is spectacular. What a great design. I'm so glad you played along with our CAS-ual Friday challenge this week:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...