Monday, February 27, 2012

SCS Featured Stamper Challenge

Good morning, everyone!

One of my DT buddies on the Paper and Such team is being recognized as the Feature Stamper this week over at Split Coast Stampers!  Janice has a style that I truly love!  So, with this challenge, you get to pick one of her cards and "copy and steal everything."  Only rule of the challenge is to change at least 2 things.

I chose THIS card of Janice's to CASE.  I loved the embossed layer and the simple tag on the front with the image.  But, I chose to change the both embossing folder and use a new tag that I received from PTI's January release.  I did keep her idea of using some twine over top the ribbon.  Very cute addition!


Here's my CASE of one of Janice's cards!
I used Liquid Pearls for the flower centers and it matched the Summer Sunrise ribbon and cardstock perfectly!

I'm also entering this into the Play Date Cafe #120 Color Challenge.  I'm not sure if you can see it, but the green layer is matting the white cardstock.  These 3 colors look absolutely awesome together!



Congratulations, Janice!


Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Paper and Such - Just Sayin' stamp set
Sizzix embossing folder - Elegant Bouquet
Happy Day die
Blueberry Sky, Simply Chartreuse, Summer Sunrise and Stampers' Select White cardstock
Summer Sunrise Swiss Dot ribbon
The Twinery twine - Shore
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Liquid Pearls - Buttercup


Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

cutiephinphin said...

Beautiful card! I love the dry embossing... Somehow I can never spot such nice ones around :P

I love the sentiment too. It's just so meaningful and encouraging.

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely lovin' the impact of those orange-pearled and embossed flowers, Stephanie! Gorgeous creation! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Denise said...

Stephanie, I am so glad you played along with us in the Cafe! Such a fresh and beautiful card... the addition of pearls tied everything together. Hope you are well... HUGS.

Ruby said...

Ooh I am going to have to add that tag to my wish list now, you've made it look so beautiful! Your card is so fresh, I just love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...