Sunday, February 5, 2012

PTI & CPS 5th Anniversary Card

Good morning, everyone!
This is my 2nd post for the day, so if you want to see the first, which was the Outlawz CAS challenge for this week, please CLICK HERE!

Challenges, upon challenges today!  I'm hoping that I can really put out the cards today before going to my brother's house for the Super Bowl.

Today starts 10 days of challenges with PaperTrey Ink.  They are my most favorite stamp company and February marks their 5th year anniversary!!!  For 10 days there are going to be all kinds of challenges and chances to win big prizes. 

Today, Nichole (one of the co-owners of PTI) is honoring the PTI design team.  The first anniversary challenge is to chose a favorite project from a DT member and create something based on their project.  I chose Lisa Johnson for my first card (don't worry, I'll be back with more). 

When you see her project below, I was most inspired by the Scarlet Jewel and Kraft color combination.  I was also inspired by the 2 die cuts that were nestled together and finally by her hand stamped background.  I know I didn't do her justice, but I like how this came out.
I used one of the ornate scallops in the Mat Stack #5 Collection stamp set along with the larger flower to create the background on the Scarlet Jewel panel.  Using Vintage Cream ink really made it work with the Rustic White cardstock.

Here's Lisa's card that inspired mine above.



This will also work for another CPS 5th Anniversary challenges. 

  For the Day 4 challenge, Jeanne chose CPS Sketch #220 .  It worked perfectly with this color combination and it got me to use another stamp set that was just sitting in its box since I ordered it.



Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Mat Stack #5 Collection stamp set
Mega Mat Stack #5 die
Mat Stack #3 die
Scarlet Jewel, Rustic White & Kraft cardstock
Vintage Cream, Scarlet Jewel and Dark Chocolate ink
Tim Holtz distress ink - Tea Dye
Scarlet Jewel Topnotch Twill ribbon
Scarlet Jewel button




Thanks for stopping by today!

9 comments:

rebecca said...

Very pretty card Stephanie! I loved the color combo on Lisas' choice too.

Ted said...

Stephanie, this is beautiful! I also used Scarlet Jewel today (not for a challenge, however). :) I love the soft look you created here. Well done!

Lisa V. said...

This is so beautiful. I love your take on Lisa's card.

Wendy ten Hove said...

Soooo pretty! Love the colors you used, the background is fabulous!! All the elements make such a beauty of a card together, love it!!
Hugs, Wendy

Suzanne Russell said...

Your card is stunning! The richness of the scarlet jewel against the cream and kraft is so elegant-beautiful stamping, too!

carol (krillsister) said...

Lovely card. Love the colors. I like how you used the mat stack die with the large image from mat stack 5. Awesome background.

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Love the colors and the softness of the stamping! so pretty!

JJ Bolton said...

How lovely! That cream ink on Scarlet Jewel is striking!

Jeanne S said...

Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with the CPS Anniversary!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...