Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Paper and Such Paper Piecing Challenge

Good morning, everyone!
This is my 2nd post for today........and also a 2nd challenge for today.  If you are looking for the Skipping Stones Design sketch challenge, click HERE!


The Paper and Such blog hosts challenges the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month.
This week's challenge is a paper-piecing challenge!

I have to say that paper-piecing is one of my most favorite techniques when making cards.  If you are not top notch with your Copic coloring, like me, then paper-piecing works wonderfully!  You can make a big impact by just using your Copics for the shadowing!

I used Copic colors that were close to the patterned paper on both the balloon and the little girl's dress to add some deeper shadows.  It really helps to make the image appear 3-D!


Once you have your project completed be sure to go back to the Paper and Such blog and enter it for a chance to win!


I used this older SCS #369 sketch for my card and it worked great for the tall image.  Nice thing about SCS is that you can always post your cards in their forum after a sketch challenge is closed!



Materials Used:
Paper and Such - You Lift Me stamp set
Fancy Pants patterned paper - Love Story
PTI cardstock - Sweet Blush, Hawaiian Shores and Raspberry Fizz
Memento ink - Tuxedo Black
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Copic markers - BG10/57, E00/000/53, R20, RV11/17, Y23, YR23 and T1
Want2Scrap - Turquoise rhinestones


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

7 comments:

CraftyMomOf2 said...

Beautiful Stephanie! Totally adorable!!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Janice M said...

Adorable Stephanie! Love the colors/papers you used.

Kim O'Connell said...

So pretty, Stephanie! Fun layout!

LilyPinkScraps said...

This is gorgeous Stephanie! I love how you used the papers for the background as well must remember that :)

MindyYoung said...

Simple but oh so beautiful!

Linda Suarez said...

So cute Stephanie! Your blog is such an inspiration to me! Pop over to my blog post today - I have a surprise for you - www.luckydogstamper.com

Shannon White said...

Oh this is too Adorable! Love her Sweet paper pieced dress and balloon and the pretty dp's you chose! Really Love the layout too! Thanks so much for the inspiration! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...