Sunday, February 5, 2012

Another PTI and CPS 5th Anniversary Card!

Good morning, everyone!
This is my 3rd post for the day, so if you want to see the Outlawz CAS challenge for this week, please CLICK HERE!  If you want to see my 2nd post with another PTI & CPS 5th Anniversary card, please CLICK HERE!

Challenges, upon challenges today!  I'm hoping that I can really put out the cards today before going to my brother's house for the Super Bowl.

Today starts 10 days of challenges with PaperTrey Ink.  They are my most favorite stamp company and February marks their 5th year anniversary!!!  For 10 days there are going to be all kinds of challenges and chances to win big prizes.

Today, Nichole (one of the co-owners of PTI) is honoring the PTI design team.  The first anniversary challenge is to chose a favorite project from a DT member and create something based on their project.  I chose Dawn McVey for my second card (I may even be back with 1 more).

When you see her project below, I was most inspired by the Bloom Builder flower!  I haven't pulled that flower die out in ages!  As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to create a card using it.
I just love this card for a non-traditional Valentine.  The Berry Sorbet cardstock matched perfectly with the Basic Grey patterned paper.



Here's Dawn's card that inspired mine above.

This will also work for another CPS 5th Anniversary challenges. 

  For the Day 7 challenge, Jen chose CPS Sketch #242 .  I knew this sketch would work wonderfully with the Bloom Builder die.


And finally, I also used it for the Color Throwdown #177 Color Challenge this week!  Who wouldn't love this color combination?



Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Lock & Key stamp set
Bloom Builder die
Pink Patterns patterned paper
Basic Grey patterned paper - Kissing Booth
Berry Sorbet, True Black and Stampers' Select White cardstock
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
e. Prima - Pearl embellishment




Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Jennifer Buck said...

CUTE! Love your take on the sketch! THanks so much for playing! Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...