Saturday, February 18, 2012

50th Anniversary Card!

Hi, everyone!

It's a gorgeous day in PA with the sun shining and birds singing!  It is so hard to believe that it is February 18th and there is no snow on the ground.  This has truly been a welcomed, yet unusual, winter.


Early this morning, I went to work on this card. 

The "50th Wedding Anniversary" was cut using my Silhouette Cameo and I stamped the "Happy" sentiment, after I assembled the cut out letters.  The card seemed to need something else, so I heat embossed some Fancy Flourishes to "jazz" it up a bit.  You can't tell in the photo but the gold swirl under the sentiment is on gold shimmer cardstock and really pops.

In order to tie the front to the inside, I matted the sentiment panel on the gold shimmer cardstock and I love the way it turned out.

I can't imagine reaching this milestone and hope that the blessed couple enjoys this very special milestone!



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Verve - Anniversary Birds stamp set
Verve - Happy Thoughts stamp set
Fancy Flourishes stamp set
True Black, Gold Shimmer and Stampers' Select White cardstock
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Filigree embossing powder - Clear


Thanks so much for visiting today!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...