Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Pen Pal Challenge for my CAS Card Class - Day 1!

Good morning, everyone!


Over at the PTI forums, Ted started a thread over a year ago that would allow members to team up to be "creative" pen pals.  The thread was recently bumped up and many of us who didn't see it before jumped on in.  Ted had asked to be one of my Pen Pals and we are sort of pushing each other to use stamp sets that may be collecting a little dust.

For this challenge, Ted chose to pick the letter "L" and we both had to create a card using a PTI stamp set beginning with that letter.  We were allowed to use other sets (even from other companies) as long as one of those sets fit the "L" challenge.  Here's Ted's blog and the post that he did with his "L" set.  While you are there, you've got to check out his other awesome projects.


Well, here are my "Little Bitty Bird" cards!
I chose to make 2 of these because they are 4"x4" and I could get 2 per sheet of cardstock.  They will be adorable for a quick card to mail.

I used a sketch that was provided from Day 1 of the online Clean & Simple Card Making class I'm taking.  However, they instructors had asked that the sketch not be posted on our blogs.  I think you can get the idea from my cards, but I'm sticking to their request. 
This  is my 4th online course from Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner.  They really teach you so much in technique with each of their classes that I'm never disappointed.



Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Little Bitty Bird stamp set and dies
Fillable Frames #1 (sentiment)
Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card - Vines
Autumn Rose cardstock
Fresh Snow & Raspberry Fizz ink
Filigree embossing powder - White
Uniball Signo gel pen - White


Thanks for stopping by today!

9 comments:

Joan B said...

this came out great!

Ted said...

Stephanie, these cards are awesome! Simple may be correct, but with such a punch. :) Great color choices and loved the way you have the little bird just sitting pretty. :) I'm already looking forward to our next PP challenge. ;)

June K said...

Cute card, Stephanie. I love the simplicity of the card.

Joyce said...

Oh, Stephanie--these are just darling in every way. I've been waiting for this post, ever since you mentioned in the Forum that you were using Bitty Bird for this challenge. I thunked my head and said--why didn't I think of that--he is my absolute fave critter (except for my owls). Great job. Will be pinning!

cutiephinphin said...

Lovely card and great take on the sketch.

I'm with you on the online card class from Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner. I've been onboard since the first class they started with the exception of Inspiration Showcase.

The Paper Parade said...

Stephanie, these cards are sooo cute! I love that you did the birds in pink just like the card but they still stand out. And good for you and Ted for encouraging each other :)

The Paper Parade said...

Stephanie, these cards are sooo cute! I love that you did the birds in pink just like the card but they still stand out. And good for you and Ted for encouraging each other :)

Kristin said...

I love this! The color is perfect and I swear my resolve against those birds is crumbling :)

Monica K. said...

So beautiful, Stephanie! I just love the Autumn Rose with a punch of white. Wonderful CAS card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...