Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Wedding Card!



I have been showing you cards for Valentine's day, but after getting Papertrey Ink's Love & Marriage set, I'm thinking wedding!  The stamps in this set just scream wedding and I had so much fun making this card.  I don't have any weddings until this summer, but while my "wedding mojo" is crackin', I better take advantage of it.


Here is my first wedding card of 2012!

I have never stamped this much on vellum, but letting it dry thoroughly is key.  I love how beautiful and soft it looks over top the large sentiment stamp below it.

A close up so that you can see the couples listed in the sentiment stamp below the vellum.  Also, take a look at those embossed flourishes.  They truly made the card go "fancy" in 2 seconds flat!


Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Love & Marriage stamp set
Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card - Flourishes
Stampers' Select White cardstock
Vellum
Pure Poppy ink
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
VersaMark ink
Filigree embossing powder - Clear
Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients Ribbon


Thanks for stopping by today!

10 comments:

Ted said...

Stephanie, this is beautiful. :) Very elegant and the color choices are striking. :) Re: vellum drying - I once heard/read that one could put the piece in the freezer for a while and it would accelerate the speeding process. Not sure if that's true or not, but thought it was worth passing along. :)

Reflections from Granny said...

Beautiful card, I really like the velum used over the text, elegant and so pretty.

Hugs, Lori m

Michelle Philippi said...

Ohhhh so daring stamping on vellum. I envy people like you who can do that and get a clean impression. This is just perfect. So classy. All things wedding.

June K said...

Very elegant card,Stephanie. The colors speak love.

Joyce said...

This is beautiful and elegant. Makes me wish I knew someone who was getting married!

Cathy Weber said...

My son just got engaged and I'm making a wedding scrapbook for them, so I forsee lots of wedding things in my future. I love what you did with the vellum and especially the flourishes. The pop of red on the vellum was very striking and added a fun feel to the card. Very pretty card.

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

Gorgeous! Love the vellum layer!

Marybeth said...

Very elegant ! Nice to see vellum I love that!

Mad for Paper said...

Beautiful The vellum adds so much class.
Ang

Kim said...

This is just off the charts beautiful! Love everyhting about it, the colors, so elegant and gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...