Sunday, January 29, 2012

Getting back on track!

Good morning, everyone!
I'm finally feeling good enough to get back on track with my card making!!!

So, yesterday and today, I pounded out some cards and have them lined up for the next few weeks already scheduled with Blogger!  It's a good feeling to get ahead a bit.

This year, I'm really going to try to do Jen DelMuro's challenges and be able to qualify for her HUGE give away at the end of the year.  What do you have to do?  One card for each sketch she posts, which is once a month.  I love her sketches and have followed her almost from the start of making cards.  Love her work!


With that being said, here's my submission for January! 

I got to use my new Sew Ribbon with the new Classic Kraft twill ribbon from PTI!

I wanted to showcase this close up because I was so happy with how the Doily Detail die came out.  I used sponged distress ink over-top Hibiscus Burst cardstock and it matches the patterned paper on the top.  Love it!


Here is the I{heart}2stamp - January Sketch that I mentioned above! 



Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Tag Its #1 stamp set
 Tag Its #3 stamp set
Doily Detail dies
Limitless Layers 1 3/4" Circles dies
Sew Ribbon - Leaf design
Basic Grey patterned paper - Kissing Booth
Hibiscus Burst & Kraft cardstock
Classic Kraft Twill ribbon
Tim Holtz distress ink - Aged Mahogany
Pure Poppy, Raspberry Fizz and Dark Chocolate ink


Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

So glad you're feeling better! This card is stunning! Great take on that sketch! I plan on trying to do all of her sketches, too. They're awesome!

Ted said...

Stephanie, that card turned out wonderful! I love the red eye-catcher you used. :) And you little stinker...I had to go look up "Sew Ribbon"... as I had not even heard of it before now. ;) Thanks for that! :P ;)

Melissa said...

Love the doily effect too. I am thinking about getting one.

I also like the simplicity of the card and yet it draws the eyes to the "thoughts of you". That is simply brilliant.

Jessie said...

Beautiful card Stephanie!! Your doily is rocking!! Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Jen Adcock said...

Good golly miss Molly! This is amazing. I have never heard of the ribbon sewing thing. How cool. It looks so effective. I adore what you have done with the sketch. Your pp choices are so eye catching as combined. And that red doily...love!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Beautiful card and stunning die cut, Stephanie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...