Monday, January 16, 2012

Clean & Simple Card Making Online Class - Day 5

Hey, everyone!


Day 5's assignment focused on a distress ink technique show to us by Jennifer McGuire.  Using watercolor paper and heat embossing you create blocks of color over top of your images.  The card she used as an example also had the sentiment embossed and inked over, but with the images I chose, that wouldn't work. 

Love the blues and greens together!


So, it was my turn to pick a letter for a stamp set to use with one of my PTI Pen Pals, Ted.  I chose the letter "S" so we had to choose a PTI stamp set beginning with that letter........but then, Ted through a wrench into the mix........He also challenged us to use colors beginning with "S", too!  So, my mind was spinning......lol

As you can see, I decided to use Scattered Showers Additions as my stamp set.  The base of my card is Simply Chartreuse and I used Shabby Shutters  and Chipped Sapphire for my inks.  I'm really enjoying these challenges!  Thanks, Ted!




I am absolutely loving this class!!!  It's probably my favorite out of all 4 that I've taken.



Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Scattered Showers Additions stamp set
Hero Arts water color paper
Simply Chartreuse cardstock
Tim Holtz distress inks - Shabby Shutters & Chipped Sapphire
Perfect Pearls Mist  - Perfect Pearl


Thanks for stopping by today!

7 comments:

Jessie said...

Great card Stephanie! Love this technique!

Kara said...

very cool..love the effect!

Leigh said...

What a cool looking technique! I'm glad you're enjoying the class-- it looks like lots of fun!
I also love your challenge with your pen pal-- very creative!
Great card, Stephanie!

BethieJ said...

Stephanie this is WONDERFUL! What a neat technique! I LOVE yours and Teds challenge!!! Fun idea!!
Have a GREAT day!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Really cute card, Stephanie! I love the color blocks and such a cute design.

Marybeth said...

Wonderful card, love what you did with the technique!

Joyce said...

What a cool project. I love how you highlighted the boot and the raindrops. I tried one of these too--first time I've ever used Distress Inks like that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...