Saturday, January 14, 2012

Clean and Simple Cardmaking Class - Day 3

Hey, everyone!
This is my 2nd post of the day, so click HERE if you want to see another card made from the CAS class I'm taking.

Day 3's assignment was a monochromatic card.  The hearts are made by making 6 pieces!  5 are just cut from pieces of white scrappy pieces of card stock and the 6th is the one that remains the same color as your background. 

I chose to do the white gel pen around the hearts as well as a border and I really like the way that turned out.

Although this card "looks" CAS.......It was anything BUT simple!  I wanted to use my new toy (the Silhouette Cameo) but I think I chose the wrong image to cut out.  That filigree heart was almost the death of me......lol  I cut 5 on lighter weight cs, but the cuts didn't go the whole way through so I sat for 2 sessions (couldn't do it all at one time) and cut them out with a kraft knife........NOT fun!  LOL  This card, because of that, took me almost 4 HOURS!  Yep, you did read that right!

So, moral of the story...........
Use simple shapes when stacking and gluing them together!


I am absolutely loving this class!!!  It's probably my favorite out of all 4 that I've taken.



Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Verve - Love Monkey stamp set
Silhouette Cameo - 3 Flourished Hearts
Pure Poppy and Stampers' Select White cardstock
Fresh Snow ink
Filigree embossing powder - White
Signo Uniball gel pen  - White


Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

ThePurplePlace said...

Steph -- I LOVE your card and think it looks fantatic.

I also have a new Silhouette Cameo and like you, when I first started using it, I had a ton of problems trying to cut out ANY of the images that had a lot of detail. Eventually, after joining a couple of online group, I read and heard that a lot of the newer blades (especially those that come with the machine) were defective and did not cut right. Paper gets caught inside the blade holder and the cuts did not work. I contacted Silhouette and explained my issues and they did send me a replacement. In the meantime, I also ordered two more to have as back up and now my machine is cutting SO much better.

I suggest you keep trying, but if you can not get it to cut well, I'll bet you have another of the bad blades. Try another one and see how it works, if it does, you'll know for sure!

GOOD LUCK! It's a fantastic machine, but the blades are an issue and they did have me send mine in, so they could sent it off to the quality folks.

You are VERY patient to have cut that ALL my hand!! :)

Hugs,
Lis

Jessie said...

Neat card Stephanie and WOW cutting by hand! The heart is incredible!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...