Monday, December 5, 2011

Squigglefly Monday Challenge!

Good morning!!!

Are you ready for a fantastic Squigglefly challenge for this week?

This will actually be my last Squigglefly challenge post of the year.  My team (Heather's team) is done for the year so that we can prep for the holiday.  Marlene's Marvels will have another challenge next week and then they are taking a break until the new year, too! 

Soooooooooooo.........You know what that means, right???  You better get your crafty, challenge-making outfit on because you only have 2 more weeks in 2011 to win some free Squigglefly images!!!

Squigglefly Challenge #127 is called......
"Based on a Song!"
For this challenge, you need to create a project based on song lyrics.  Now, you are NOT limited to just holiday music (I've got that going thru my head constantly these days).  You can go with rock, pop, disco........any song that inspires you!  Here are a few hints.......A Christmas song could inspire a holiday song.  You could use Happy Birthday or He's a Jolly Good Fellow to inspire a birthday card, etc.  Get the idea???

I chose to use Catching Snow by Cheryl Alger  in order to go with the song "Let It Snow." I love the holiday season, but this year I haven't been too "Christmas-y," yet.  Then my husband said he knew I wasn't feeling the spirit of the holiday because there was no snow in Pennsylvania, as of yet.  He's absolutely right and knows me all too well.  Now, I don't need a full out "cancel school" kind of snow......I just need a white layer.  I hope we do get some soon and that it lasts until Christmas.

Aren't these colors so fun???  I just loved both of these patterned papers and thought I would use this as a Christmas card for a special helper at the school and all that they have done for me this year.  Inside, there is a Christmas message.


I'm also entering this into 2 other challenges this week.  

First is the CAS-ual Friday #30 Challenge.  This Tic-Tac-Toe challenge was so much fun!  I loved trying to figure out which line I would use.  I finally went right across the middle with green, kraft and chevrons. 

The second challenge I'm using this for is Clean & Simple's #169 Sketch Challenge.  I know you've seen many of my cards follow their sketches, well......it's because they are AWESOME!!!  Love how easy they are to make work with any stamp set!


I can't wait to see what you make this week!


Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Squigglefly Digital Stamps - Catching Snow
Echo Park patterned paper - Holly Jolly Christmas
Kraft & Stamper's Select White cardstock
Nesties - Small Standard Circles
American Crafts Thickers - White fabric letter stickers (colored w/ Copics)
Gelly Roll pen - Gold #557
Copic markers -  BG11/13/70, YR15, R01/02, RV17/55 and E49/57/59


Thanks for stopping by today!

9 comments:

Holly said...

I love it Stephanie! He is the perfect snowman for that song! I hope you get your snow soon and that it feels like Christmas to you! We hardly ever get snow, so it still feels like Christmas but I'd love a good snowfall just for the fun of it!

Heather said...

Stephanie- This is the most fun card. I love the bright colors with the snowman!

marilynprestonn said...

It's really darling Stephanie. The image, the papers and the sketch. Well done. Loooove this card. :)Peggy

Anonymous said...

This is outright adorable! I love those colors and they pop off the kraft. Such a joyful snowman!

Terri / Brat

Laura Davis said...

Super cute!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Virginia L. said...

love this happy and cheery card! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jaclyn Miller said...

This is wonderfully bright and colorful! It would make anyone smile. Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

Julie Day said...

This is so sweet and cheery! Love the snowman and the striped background :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jessie said...

Oh so cute Stephanie!! I love the bright colors you used!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...