Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Card for a Special Reason

Hi, everyone!

I had a friend request a Christmas card for someone special this year.  Her cousin had be diagnosed with a rare form of cancer and she asked if I could create something special for her.  Originally, I tried using the Faith and Hope set with the "Cancer is so limited" saying, but ended up going in a totally different direction.  It's the inside of this card that I think makes it special.


I loved featuring the poinsettia patterned paper in the background and then tying in the poinsettia felt flower on the front panel. 

This inside sentiment uses 3 stamp sets: Love Lives Here: Holiday, Faith & Hope and Beautiful Blooms (just the little word "with").  They combined perfectly for someone needing some extra prayers this holiday.


I'm using this card for the The Sweet Stop #138 Sketch Challenge. This sketch worked perfectly for the panel I wanted to create on the front and it really worked well to highlight some poinsettia patterned paper and the felt poinsettia flower.


I also have to mention that I made this card using my new A Muse inks!!!  Oh!  My!  Goodness!  If you have not tried these inks yet, you have to get a few to see what you think.  I got several matches for PTI colors and the navy is just a perfect match for Enchanted Evening.  I won't be ordering that one from PTI on release night!!!  

I ordered mine through Monica K.'s consultant link.  You can find it on her blog.  The link will get you to her blog AND get you to a post she did about the inks and color comparisons to PTI cardstock.  She also caught an error that I made ordering 2 of the same inks and called the company and got it switched before the package was mailed out.  Now that is customer service.  If you have any questions she has an "Email Me" button on the right-hand side of her blog.



Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Love Lives Here: Holiday stamp set
Faith & Hope stamp set (part of the inside sentiment)
Beautiful Blooms stamp set (the word "with" as part of the inside sentiment)
Echo Park patterned paper - Season's Greetings
Small Scallop Border die
Christmas Poinsettia die (medium one)
Pure Poppy and Simply Chartreuse felt
Vintage Cream, Simply Chartreuse and Ripe Avocado cardstock
 A Muse ink - Fern, Grass and Cranberry
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients - Dark Red ribbon
Misc. pearl



Happy Stampin'!!!



8 comments:

cutiephinphin said...

The card is just gorgeous! The sentiment inside, definitely most fitting...

Chrissy D said...

What a gorgeous card - love the Christmas colors and the die on the bottom! Thank you for playing along in the Sweet Stop Sketch! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a lovely card! The felt poinsettia looks beauitiful. Pretty papers and wreath image! Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week. :o)

Kathy Mc said...

Stephanie, your card is gorgeous and SO appropriate under the circumstances. Love how you combined three stamp sets to make it happen. DSP and felt poinsettia really pop!

Janice M said...

Very pretty card! I like you felt flower. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week!

Colleen Holmes said...

Card is totally gorgeous with a beautiful sentiment inside! Love the red and green together and felt flower! Hugz

Monica K. said...

Stephanie, this is such a gorgeous and striking card! Love the colors and the design. I also think the way you combined the sentiments inside is brilliant and perfect for this special card. Thanks also for mentioning my blog, and I'm so very happy that you're enjoying your A Muse inks! :)

Jessie said...

Simply beautiful Stephanie!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...