Friday, November 11, 2011

Wedding Card for the weekend!

Good morning, everyone!
Happy Veteran's Day to all that serve and have served!

Mike and I have a wedding to go to next weekend and the Save-the-Date card was done in black, hot pink and white and carried a damask design throughout.  I don't have ANY damask stamps so I did the best I could to match their theme.


Here's my wedding card for the awesome couple!

Damask, black, white and pink follow their wedding invitations.

If you click to enlarge this picture, I'm hoping that you can see that I heat embossed a beautiful design on the white background with white embossing powder.  The shine really picks up and looks absolutely beautiful in real life.  I also embossed the "Wedding Wishes" sentiment using black ink and clear embossing powder so it gives the card a more elegant look.



I made this card using the Viva la Verve November - Week 2 Sketch Challenge! I think it is the most perfect sketch for a wedding card!




Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Verve - Love Story stamp set & dies
Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card stamp - Swirls
Mat Stack #1 Collection stamp set
DCWV - The Stack 6 patterned paper
Mambi Color Basics patterned paper - Black and White
Raspberry Fizz, True Black and Stamper's Select White cardstock
Nesties - Labels 1 and Classic Circles (large and small)
Fresh Snow satin ribbon
VersaMark ink
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Filigree embossing powder - White and Clear




Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

What a beautiful wedding card Stephanie. I love those three colors and you did a great job making your background without a damask set. I can't believe you don't have Damask Designs!

Jessie said...

Beautiful card Stephanie! So elegant!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...