Monday, November 14, 2011

Sympathy Trees

Good morning, everyone!


Today I'm showcasing a sympathy card that I had to make this weekend.  Despite having to make a sympathy card, I just love the way it turned out using Play Date Cafe's color splash with a splash of orange.  I hope it brings comfort to the family that we have to send it to.


The pop of orange just turned out so beautifully on this card.

I just love this touching, inside sentiment.


I made this card using the Play Date Cafe #107 Color Splash Challenge!





Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Through the Trees stamp set
Impression Obsession - Sympathy Sentiments stamp set
Vineyard impression plate
Stamper's Select White cardstock
Tim Holtz distress inks - Spiced Marmalade and Dried Marigold
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Filigree embossing powder - Clear



Thanks for stopping by today!

13 comments:

June K said...

Absolutely beautiful, Stephanie. The orange is just stunning.

Jessie said...

Beautiful card Stephanie!! I love the oranges! One of my favorite colors!!

Jen Adcock said...

Such a heartfelt beauty. The embossed side panel and the sunset orange are so special. So sorry you had a call for such a card but it is sure to make a real difference. So beautiful.

Donelda said...

yes, that orange pops out wonderfully on this card! What a great idea to use this image!!

Cathy Weber said...

I love the graduated orange color to this card. I have always loved that Through the Trees image. I love the embossing on the side of the card too with the score lines. Very pretty and I am sure it will be well appreciated.

Carole said...

I'm sure the recipient will appreciate that beautiful card. It's warm and thoughtful.
http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

Denise said...

Stephanie, this is gorgeous! I love the embossing along the edge and your card and the "sunset" is beautiful. I wonderful take on the splash this week - thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe!

Karen C. said...

Beautiful card, Stephanie. Love the way you've used the impression plate - something I will definitely try. The orange gradation is such an effective background for this image.

Lisa said...

This is just stunning! Love the embossed panel and your striking stamped/colored image!!!

Mad for Paper said...

It is beautiful and so classy.
TFS
Ang

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, what a striking design, Stephanie! The CAS layout is simply elegant and the splash of orange is perfect! This is a beautiful sympathy card...sure to bring comfort to the recipient! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, what a striking design, Stephanie! The CAS layout is simply elegant and the splash of orange is perfect! This is a beautiful sympathy card...sure to bring comfort to the recipient! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! I love that embossed border---and that image is stunning with the orange inking! So sorry you had to make this for personal use. Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...