Monday, November 7, 2011

Squigglefly's #123 Challenge - No Patterned Paper!

Good morning!!!

Are you ready for a fantastic Squigglefly challenge for this week?
This one made my head hurt......LOL  I mean.....Really???  No patterned paper???
Heather really made us work this week for the challenge!

No Patterned Paper!
Yep!  I wasn't joking when I said it above.  No patterned paper on your project.  You can make your own backgrounds, but no using bought papers!


When I saw Autumn Wind from Gemma Mortlock I knew I wanted a totally CAS card to showcase the beauty of the leaves and the girl.  Gemma, Rachel Goble, and Meytal are all new artists to Squigglefly and made their debut this weekend with several images.  You'll have to go check out the release from this past Saturday at the Squigglefly site in order to see them all. 

I used Prisma colored pencils with Gamisol for the first time on this image.  I would have loved to use Copics, but because this was a CAS one-layered card, I knew the markers would bleed through the front.  So, I tried my hand at the Prismas.  It didn't turn out half bad.


Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Squigglefly Digital Stamps - Autumn Wind
Leaf Prints stamp set (sentiment)
Stamper's Select White cardstock
Chai & Chamomile ink
Prisma colored pencils -  303, 322, 324, 325, 327, 339, 342, and 345


Thanks for stopping by today!

5 comments:

Pat said...

Love that image and how you managed to use NO patterned papers yet make the card move with color!

Margaret M said...

Stephanie you did a fabulous job coloring the image! I'm like you...oh no, no patterned paper! Don't think I could do it!

Jessie said...

Love it Stephanie!! Your coloring is outstanding!!

Heather said...

Great job! The cleans and simple layout is perfect. I love your pencil work. You inspired me to buy some odorless mineral spirits and blending stumps.

I came up with this challenge a while ago and I forgot about it until I got the reminder. I had to work it too. Especially since my original idea was a single layer card very similar to yours! So I went in a new direction!

Holly said...

wow Stephanie, I'm really impressed with your first time to use pencils with the gamsol. Your coloring is just beautiful. I love the sentiment you used for this image too. The clean and simple look is perfect with this image!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...